cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media o2 Contract renewable scam?

webbm1
Tuning in

Last June whilst renegotiating our VM account we used the Whatsapp service to do so, we were offered a new deal/bundle which we were happy with the price however we were told it had to to come with an o2 Contract sim for 18 months. We didn't want it but the price was better than we were paying so I agreed to do it.  

We never got the sim, and after a few months when I tried to register it most of the account names were under someone else's name. (I highly suspect the guy who was talking on behalf of VM on whatsapp).

So for the last 18 months we've just been paying this £25 a month seperate to our VM direct debit. Obviously I regret agreeing to it now. 

I've just gone to try phone o2 and can't get through the security procedures as the name they are looking for is the VM workers name.. I have his address too as its on my o2 profile. The guy on phone from o2 advised that I go into an o2 shop with forms of ID but the whole think just seems dodgy to me now.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this in the past or what I should do now?

I said should I just cancel the DD but he told me he wouldn't recommend it as I may get letters through the post. I mentioned could I not just phone back up and use the (VM workers name) and start again but he told me he couldn't recommend that either, not sure I'd want to do that either to be honest.

I still have all the old whatsapp chat logs from 18 months ago plus a screenshot of my o2 profile with my name, then the VM workers name and address.

10 REPLIES 10

I am sorry it has come to that @MrsVCK 

I did reach out to you privately.

Regards

Lee_R