cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Various issues due to sim card

Caitlin_LO
Tuning in

Hello,

Could someone please help resolve my multiple issues.

I spoke on the phone to someone helpful today and they told me they would send me a new sim card for next week arrival. But I have never received confirmation of this? I cannot access my account either, maybe due to a forgotten password, I am not sure, but I haven't been able to access it for months and I can't fix it because with no sim card my phone cannot receive texts.

Therefore I can't track its progress to make sure it has been ordered. I would also like to avoid my phone number being changed, do I need to activate a pac code from my phone if this new sim works although I am not changing provider?

My phone issue is the sim card appears to have stopped working it is not sure if the fault is with the sim or phone itself. If this keeps being an issue, if I could access my account,  I could use the repair service or find a new phone if the new sim will not work. 

Please help,
Caitlin

19 REPLIES 19

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Caitlin_LO,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your mobile services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Some of the first troubleshooting steps we ask customers to go through when they have an issue with their mobile service are - 

• Have you tried rebooting the handset?
  • Do you have a family/friend's handset you can pop the SIM in to see if it works? If it does work, it may mean your handset is faulty, not the SIM.
  • What error message do you hear/see when you try to call or text?
  • Have you tried looking for a fix on our help website here - Mobile Help
  • Are there any mobile outages in your area that may be causing the issue - Service Checker

I have checked your mobile service on my side with the info on your forum profile and can see you spoke to an agent in customer services today. Can I ask if they managed to rectify the issue? 

Please let me know 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hello,

Thank you very much for replying!

Yes I have tried to reboot the phone and that only worked once for a day, ever since then it can't detect the sim since.

I was able to try another iphone earlier and the sim worked fine in that, it also worked fine another person's sim in my phone, however together when I put my iphone and my sim together again, it did not work at registering the sim at all, it stayed broke. Very confusing!

It says call fail when I try, immediately. Yes I have tried to look at the website help pages but that did not seem to fix the problem. And there is no problems with service in my area.

The man I spoke to earlier suggested that I could try a new sim and that virgin would send me one, do you think this is best, I have had no confirmation of a new sim being sent.

Thanks,
Caitlin

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @Caitlin_LO

I'm so sorry to hear the issue persists, I appreciate this must be super frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Did the agent advise they had sent out a new sim? If not, we'll happily get this ordered for you. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello,

Yes they did say they could send a new sim for next week delivery but I have had zero confirmation of this.

Unfortunately I am still unable to access my account and will be until my phone fixes so I can't see what is going on there.

Thank you for offering to help,

Caitlin

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies about that Caitlin.

I'm going to send you a PM for more details so I can look into your account and confirm this for you. 

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located in the top right hand corner of your screen. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for providing that information over PM @Caitline_LO. 

The sim has been dispatched and will be with you in 3-5 working days. 

If you have any further issues issues once the sim arrives, please pop another post on this thread and we'll happily assist 🙂 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for chatting with me over PM @Caitlin_LO, I'm glad I was able to provide some clarity on this for you 🙂 

If you have any further issues, please pop another post on this thread and we'll happily assist.

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

Caitlin_LO
Tuning in

Hello.

Unfortunately a new sim has not worked. My phone now says "no service" instead of "no sim" I cannot activate it at all. I have tried switching it on and off various times and I am never given an opportunity to type in the passcode to activate the sim. Can somebody please help, as this issue is stressing me out as I have no idea what the problem is, as when I tried someone else's sim in my phone it worked again, so that suggests it will be ok if the sim can be activated. I am also now locked out of EVERY virgin media account I own as when I tried to reset my password for mobile account it said it accepted it, and when I tried to log in to my separate email and mobile accounts today, I can't access a single one, DESPITE using the correct passwords for both. It just says the system has timed out, 3 times now when there is no problems. 

Please help,
Caitlin

Hi Caitlin_LO,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this. 

I have taken a look on our side and the new SIM card isn't activated yet. 

If you can confirm are you happy for me to activate the SIM card? Is the old information all backed up?

^Martin