Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Utter incompetence

Virgin have sent us a bill / statement saying everything is settled. We are in credit for £1.27. An amount we are more than happy to write off. 
However they are also sending us letters demanding payment and threatening credit blacklisting unless the money is paid.

We also have an unopened iPhone 11 still in its courier box, that I have repeatedly tried to return to Virgin, but it is seemingly impossible to organise. I presume this is the cause of the payment demand letters. Even though the statement of account says they are both paid off. 

I'm trying so hard to return this phone and be completely honest with Virgin and give them their phone back, but nothing works. 

Firstly I would like to get the payment demand letters stopped ( also the texts ) before it escalates to credit blacklists or debt collectors. 

Secondly I want to return the brand new phone to Virgin

Finally I don’t want ever to hear from Virgin again. I have had enough of this whole situation. I have wasted a disproportionate amount of my life trying to do Virgins job for them. I am thoroughly frustrated and annoyed by the ineptitude of customer services and inability of Virgin to organise a return of their equipment, yet they can send out letters for demands of money with ease. 

having read the Trustpilot reviews ( 92% bad ) I can see I’m far from the only customer who is banging their head on a brick wall. 

the chat system is next to useless and not fit for purpose, phoning in is a minimum 45 minute wait on hold before being cut off or resolving nothing, email a waste of time, phone number on the demand letter doesn’t work at all. Shops closed permanently. Aaaagh! It’s so damn frustrating. I just want this nightmare to end. Please!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Utter incompetence

Why have you setup a second account to post the exact same message?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Utter-incompetence/td-p/4368079 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you read the other thread you’d know why. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you to the second person to reply to this for pointing out that this was requested by a member of the Virgin team. 

I am now awaiting a return pack to resolve this situation. If it turns up, I will update the thread once the account is fully closed. 

this forum is the only place it seems where you can actually get any meaningful help with account problems with Virgin. I hope.....

0 Kudos