cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating sim data

Eward
Tuning in

Since yesterday my phone won't connect to virgin every 5 mins I get a message updating sim data can use my when I'm connected to my WiFi other than that nothing. Virgin are sending a new sim card but why has it started doing this seems to a common problem with no as I can see solution  ? It also flattens my battery very quickly

6 REPLIES 6

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Eward, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your mobile service. 

The team will only usual send a replacement SIM if they detect the current one of being faulty.

Please can you let us know if you still experience issues once this arrive and we will be able to assist further from here. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Its driving me mad every every 5 mins its refreshing my data and I'm not sure why it's not connected to the virgin at all when I try and make it just says not registered to network 😖

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We appreciate this must be frustrating Eward. 

Please let us know if you still have the same issue once the new SIM arrive and we will be happy to help. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Got my old phone out and followed the instruction and it worked so tried the sim back in my new phone and still nothing so I've gone back to my Samsung s20 and I'm gonna reset my new phone to factory settings to see if that  will work got my new sim ready but pretty sure now it's the phone 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Eward

Thanks for your response

Please do keep us updated and let us know how you get on with this

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Please can I have another sim card my z3 isn't still working lost the letter that came with my new sim so can't use it