cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsolicited Sales Calls

andybev1
On our wavelength

Does anyone else know of a company who harrass their customers? I already have a phone, no two phones, one being an i-phone on a monthly plan and my wife has bought an i-phone she paid up and she also pays a monthly the plan. 

The calls are to both of our mobile numbers but they even try on the landline.  I got an i-phone as a present and have asked them countless time to stop phoning me. What is the matter with these people?  even when I told them I had just got a new phone you do not get 'no problems, bye' you get the guy continuing as if you did not saying anything. PLEASE STOP CALLING ME VIRGIN!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have a mobile or sim with VM then you can turn of the marketing in the mobile account by logging into

https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/login 

My Mobile> My Preferences > marketing

It takes up to 28 days to process.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have a mobile or sim with VM then you can turn of the marketing in the mobile account by logging into

https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/login 

My Mobile> My Preferences > marketing

It takes up to 28 days to process.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

andybev1
On our wavelength

Excellent, thanks for that.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @andybev1 

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with the calls received from ourselves, as advised above by newapollo your marketing preferences can be edited using the above link and you will be removed from the register by the team.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

andybev1
On our wavelength

I have been looking for it but cannot find it.   I will try again later.  I do not know why the sales people could not either tell me this or write it down for other to see I do not want callers.

Hi andybev1, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

The steps given by newapollo are correct so if you follow them then this will allow you to opt out. 

In terms of the calls themselves, these are pre-planned so the Sales Agents won't have access to the accounts before the call is made. The systems will pre-populate the details once the call is being dialled. 

You can view more on how we collect and use your information here 👉 Privacy Policy

If you have any further concerns, please pop back and let us know. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs