Menu
Kel132
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unresolved complaint 2 months on!

31 October 2021 I ordered a new iPhone 12 for fiance, the Operator said I could also upgrade to iphone 13 at no extra cost, I needed to  send old iPhone 11 back to get money back on it and get £10 credit, I agreed ! Phones arrived the following day, but no Jiffy bag to send old phone back! I called virgin, they know nothing about returning phone, I needed to call another number to chase up Jiffy bag, which I did, they said they have not received instruction to send the bag! Can I leave it a week to see if it turned up, after a week nothing! Help! I then realised I’m still being charged for the iPhone 11 that I am trying to return ,I call virgin again, I explained the whole thing and the operator said there had been a mistake and she had refunded the £ 27 but no refund appeared and still no Jiffy bag.  I put a complaint in,a week later I receive a call from virgin complaint, nice man, said he seen the trouble I’ve been having regarding the upgrade, he said to keep the old phone and gave me £200 in compensation, great I thought all sorted! But no , am still being charged for old iPhone 11 which I don’t even want. Called virgin again to complain, was told I would receive a complaints pack so I could take it to the ombudsman but did not receive, what a joke this company is. Still no Jiffy bag. I’ve called virgin trade in and virgin media sooo many times but still no resolve. I’ve complained again but no response .They say these calls are recorded so why can’t they just go back and listen to what l was offered originally, seems like no one knows what the other is doing, very amateurish. I have a full tv phone broadband and mobile Package buy I’ll be leaving virgin media as soon as this is resolved, sky calling!  customer service is almost non existent. How am I supposed to return the old phone without receiving the Jiffy bag!!!! Very very very unhappy customer 

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unresolved complaint 2 months on!

Hi @Kel132,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear of the experience that you've had here regarding your mobile phone contracts and trying to return a handset. When did you last speak with the team about all of this and what did they advise exactly? It can take up to 10 days for a returns pack to arrive from the date that it's ordered.

I can also see that you've mentioned raising a complaint. Can you confirm when and how you raised that? You should be able to track the progress of your complaint via your online account.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Kel132
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

10 days, funny! The contract started 31 October,  2 months ago!  My second complaint number is c-24122111, was told I’d be updated ! Nothing 

0 Kudos
Kel132
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I was told I could keep the phone from my first complaint. No one knows what’s going on!! 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If 56 days have elapsed since VM acknowledged the complaint, then you can escalate the matter to CISAS.  Doesn't matter if VM lose, fob off or close your complaint, all that matters is that the company have had the chance to sort things out but have failed to do so.  CISAS will review the matter, and impose a binding settlement on VM.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us @Kel132.

I have been able to locate your account and can see that your most recent complaint is still open.

I can discuss the complaint further with you but we would need to confirm a few details via private message, so that we can discuss this further.

Please look out for my private message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Kel132
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Seems to have gone quiet !! 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me @Kel132.

The team are looking into this as it seems the upgrade was processed as a new order rather than an upgrade but we have to await the financial team to look into this as it involves a deal concerning finance.

I will update you as soon as I hear anything but this not be today.

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos