Menu
Ancarra
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unlock codes old phones

Have sorted new Sims now on new unlocked phones but need to unlockck old phones bought from Virgin over the years so they can be used on other networks I keep giving Virgin my name and address so they Know full well when they sent the original phones and they keep asking me for a contact number .They have my name and address and should have records of the phones ieme numbers which I sent them They keep asking for the Same things It started as a sim swap problem but is now a phone unlock problem which I have a sneaky feeling they are not going to admit to not being able to unlock However will keep trying to get them to admit what a disaster the SIM change has been on older customers If any moderator reads this Please cross reference it with my last public post and numerous private messages

0 Kudos
Johnboy5
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unlock codes old phones

It reads like the are asking for information your not giving them.

mobile phone are one of the most stolen items in the world. virgin have to take every care that its the owner unlocking the phones, so you'll have more than the normal amount of hoops to jump through.

I keep giving Virgin my name and address so they Know full well when they sent the original phones and they keep asking me for a contact number 

Your asking for a few phone to be unlocked at the same time, it will raise flags with them. Without jumping through the hoops you've NO chance. There are doing all they can to stay legal and not help out thieves and scammers

0 Kudos
Ancarra
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Argh Virgin have my name and address . My new phones  with the replacement Sims apart from 1 are on my account.Thats all ok .They asked for my name and address or contact number originally I gave them my name and address  and asked them to send unlock codes by post Another agent came on and asked for contact number which in fact are not relevent to the phones they sold me originally and sent to the same address as I have given them .I have lived there for thirty years and all phones were sent to that address by them.I have a feeling they don't have records of selling me the phones only the replacement Sims from time to time when the credit ran out I don't want them switching off the Sims on the new phones because I cannot seem to get through to them I want to unlock the  old phones .Even if it's only the three bought from them I Nokia 1Sony Erickson 1 Samsung I have given them all the ieme numbers so they should be able to cross reference with phones locked to their system and who they sold them too If you phone them they only ask what number are you enquiring about I'm not enquiring about any of my numbers now Just don't want to have to threw four perfectly should be usable phones away 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

have no idea where the poster above is coming from - gross assumption on his part - imo wrongly stated and the post is reported

so - older phones can have problems with the new sims - nokias certainly - maybe others - even if you get them unlocked theres a good chance they will not work - not sure what the current status is but they were solving this problem by sending out cheap replacement phones 

you can wait for VM to get to the thread - that can take a while or ring 789 and see if they will send out replacements 

Tony
0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ancarra, we have replied to your PM can you confirm if that code is working? Chris. 

0 Kudos
Ancarra
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Simple reply Chris No think it's all a dead loss Maybe send all the phones back to you after Christmas so you can unlock them and send them back Think as they can't go on the network anymore they can't be unlocked .Most of my numbers in other devices now except 1 which I will probably let lapse It's just so frustrating as they were much better made than the plastic rubbish replacing them

I

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ancarra, if the codes are not working we would not be able to unlock them. - Chris 

0 Kudos