Menu
OMJ1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unable to verify Oomph SIM

Hi there,

I recently received my new SIM Card as part of the Oomph Bundle.

I am trying to Register an Account but in doing so, it is asking me for a Security Answer which I never made.

I have clicked on the "I don't know the answer" link and called the numbers given but the centre is unavailable. The text message service traps me in endless repeated conversations with the Virgin Bit.

Can anyone from Virgin assist? I need to register and setup an account to enable me to register my PAC from my existing provider.

Many thanks.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
_AndyB_
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to verify Oomph SIM

Sorry, no answers from me but I just signed up to say I'm in the same boat.

Upon signing up for Oomph broadband Virgin (rather unscrupulously) provided me with a phone contract I did not want or need.

The 14 day cooling off period had past considerably by the time this surprise item arrived in the post (unscrupulous action #2!)

I've skimmed the contract they email for my broadband & it does not contain any information about costs of this SIM (currently free) when the promotional offer ends.

I cannot sign in to the account (same problem as you - can't register & also won't acknowledge the email address they send the bill to - asks for an answer to a security question I never set etc etc) I also cannot contact anyone via live chat or phone. 

I fear if I don't action a cancellation on this product I will be charged line rental on a SIM I've never used - so I'm simply trying to resolve well in advance of the 12 month window now - but this is proving difficult.

0 Kudos
OMJ1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

One of the Virgin staff on this forum (Ryan) privately messaged me and was very helpful in getting this sorted - hopefully you will hear from him or another member of the team shortly if not already.

0 Kudos
timsouthcoast
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cannot create an account to give pac code

Hi ,I have a virgin oomph sim,I can get as far as putting my secret answer in,but after that it comes up with an error. I can't call on 789 as it makes you press 1 to get a link that doesn't help.there no one to actually speak to. All virgin stores are now shut.

its very frustrating,please get back to me asap

Thanks Tim

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot create an account to give pac code

Hi timsouthcoast,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about this. I will private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
GGMick
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi I had exactly the same problem. Entering the password used on your Virgin Media Account to talk to Virgin allows you to start the process to register a mobile account. Worked for me.
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi _AndyB_,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the community forums. Apologies for the delayed response. Were you able to get the log in, registration completed. If you signed up for Oomph then it would have included a SIM in the bundle. If you are still needing help with the registration. I have sent you a PM.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
_AndyB_
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just to update any interested parties,

Corey @ Virgin has PM'd me & is currently investigating.

Re-reading my earlier post I'll concede that if you purchase this bundle directly from the Virgin website it is clearer that a SIM is included (I checked)...

I came to it via U-Switch.

I'm still unsure of the situation regarding the contractual position of this unwanted SIM card... & if I can cancel it while still retaining my Virgin Broadband deal... (they were 2 separate hard searches on my credit rating; which infers 2 separate entities)... I'm also unsure what the tariff of the SIM is after the promotional period ends (as the broadband nearly doubles in price!)

Further updates hopefully to follow

0 Kudos