Menu
HHhhhhhhhhhhh
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to use Mobile app

Hi,
I have recently moved accounts to Virgin mobile and would like to be able to use the mobile app. After turning off wifi I start the app and attempt to log it in which point I receive an error 'We can't identify you'. At which point I press the retry which just takes me around the same circle again and again.

I have registered an online mobile account which I can successfully access. This is been happening for over a week and I would be grateful if someone could provided a solution.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to use Mobile app

Hi HHhhhhhhhhhhh,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums. Sorry to hear that you have been having issues with registering the app. Are you still having these issues?

• Have you registered your mobile number and created an online account here virg.in/youracc?
  • Are you using the app on the Virgin Mobile SIM card?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
HHhhhhhhhhhhh
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey,

I've created an online account without any issue and can logon.

Yes I'm using a Virgin SIM I've just changed accounts from three. The problem I'm having is when I try to access the mobile app it won't recognise that I have a Virgin SIM installed. I've turned off the WIFI and ensured I have a connection but still the same issue?

When I was on Three I could access my media account withe your other app, this has now also stopped working for some reason. stopped working now.

The only thing I can thing of would be have recently upgraded my phone to a 12PRO with IOS 14.2.1. Could this be the issue, do your apps work on IOS 14.2.1?

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, HHhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'll send you a private message to get your mobile account details and get this sent to our IT.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
swozniak
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have just added a new SIM to my account for my daughter. How do I log in on my own phone to be able to manage that account? When I click the button to log in to mobile account, it says "We can't identify you" and asks me to turn off wifi. But my own phone is not with Virgin Mobile, but I want to manage my children's accounts.

How do I do that?

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @swozniak, as far as I'm aware you can only set up the mobile app on the device for the number itself - if that makes sense - the app verifies from the VM SIM.

If you'd like to manage your daughters mobile number from your own phone then you can do so via virg.in/youracc

Hope this helps.

Tom 

0 Kudos