cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate oomph free sim

SD54672
Tuning in

I currently have a 30 day contract ultimate oomph unlimited sim. I will soon be taking out a new virgin media tv and broadband contract to replace my old ultimate bundle. 

My question is what happens to the ultimate oomph sim when I move to a new virgin media contract? Will it remain free for me or will I need a new paid for o2 contract? I have called customer services but they are not sure how to help or answer this one

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey SD54672,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

We no longer offer the ultimate oomph sim any longer and this would be replaced with an O2 sim card, if you sign up to a Volt offer with us, this would be replaced by an O2 sim card. You can find more information about the deals that we offer for this here, it will show information about the products and the latest deals that we have available.

If you don't pick a Volt package, you can keep the sim card but this would be a chargeable sim. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey SD54672,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

We no longer offer the ultimate oomph sim any longer and this would be replaced with an O2 sim card, if you sign up to a Volt offer with us, this would be replaced by an O2 sim card. You can find more information about the deals that we offer for this here, it will show information about the products and the latest deals that we have available.

If you don't pick a Volt package, you can keep the sim card but this would be a chargeable sim. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thank you for confirming. 

Hi I have or had a virgin media oomph package that came with a virgin mobile SIM card that has now changed to an o2 mobile Sim I'm not using the Simm anymore but it's costing me £26 a month how do I go about cancelling this SIM card and will there be some kind of charge . Thanks 

Hi @Wallop70 

Thanks for your post

To make any changes to your package once the SIM is cancelled you will need to speak with our team at 150 or 0345 454 1111, to cancel the SIM down the team at O2 will need to handle this.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thehall
Joining in

Can someone at Virgin media or on here  help me with similar issue please.  I am just in the process of writing to the ombudsman.  We purchased an ultimate package in March 2023.  But took months to be installed so started it in September. Was told like many others we get a free sim. We made it clear we didn’t need it and have never used it we started to get emails from o2 saying we needed to pay £25 each month.  I have no contract stating this just a package with Virgin.  We keep getting threatened that we have to pay it so we have. I am currently gathering everything for the ombudsman but any help would be appreciated.  Thanks 

Hi @Thehall, thank you for your post.

It's often the case that we'll be able to offer a better overall price for the services a customer requires by putting them onto a Volt bundle, even after factoring in the cost of an O2 SIM card.

Were you offered any alternative options that didn't include a SIM card? 

Also, have you spoken to O2 about this matter? If so, what did they advise? Their contact details can be found here.

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi i have had the same issue, i got unlimited sim with my virgin oomph bundle. 6 months ago 02 have been charging me 29.00 plus paying my normal to virgin. I finally got result yesterday because on here was told whatever 02 charge you then virgin deduct from your monthly bill. I contacted virgin and told them this with a screen shot of what was said and they have credited my acount for 174.00 and added the 29.00 till my contract ends. I do hope this helps