cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate Volt Bundle- Cancel Just O2 Side

Raident10
Dialled in

Good morning everyone I hope you’re well,

A few days ago, I upgraded to the ultimate volt bundle, as the UK team gave me a pretty good deal to renew my contact.

As I now have 2 separate contracts and accounts (one with Virgin for Broadband, TV, Landline), and one with O2 for Mobile, I was wondering if anything would happen to my virgin media contract if I cancelled my O2 Contract within 14 days?

I.e - would i be charged anything extra by virgin media? Would I lose any discounts, etc?

I am not 100% sure I’ll be cancelling O2 but the main reason would be my main mobile number is on another mobile network, as I get 50% off.

Kind regards,

Joe

144 REPLIES 144

Added to that, can get a new handset and contract via Uswitch that is actually with 02 but separate from this VM contract stuff. Would I get the bolt benefits? 

Firstly I want to cancel my 02 SIM only. Then when my mobile contract is up (next month) get a new contract but with 02 as the provider... 

Hello Mjones1992

Have you spoken to O2 about adding a handset to the current contract? Or was this a deal you saw via USwitch? To keep the Volt benefits you would need the O2 SIM.

Rob

Hi Rob,

The deal is through Uswitch. I have cancelled my O2 sim only, accepting I will lose my VOLT benefits and will get a this uswitch deal and see whats what. 

If my Virgin bill goes up, I will just cancel as I do not want the SIM but do want the broadband deal given.

We understand Mjones1992, there is additional help here for Volt. Keep us up to date with what happens or if you need us further.

Rob

I would be careful about cancelling your O2 contract before it begins as you may find that the Virgin part of your contract is downgraded (see Annex A of the T&Cs: https://prod.ctassets.virginmedia.com/uploads/Terms_and_Conditions_TV_Fibre_and_Phone_POST_01_SEPT_2... ).

However it appears that once your O2 contract begins you can cancel it within 30 days without affecting the Virgin side (except the loss of the pods). That will, of course, mean paying £25 for the first month.

@Mjones1992 wrote:

If my Virgin bill goes up, I will just cancel as I do not want the SIM but do want the broadband deal given.

As I understand it the Virgin provision may be downgraded. However (unless you're still in the 14-day cooling off period) you would be in an 18-month contract so you won't be able to cancel. Be careful what you do.

coey
On our wavelength

Could somebody please explain in simple english......will i still have full tv package , broadband and landline tel services if i cancel my £25 o2 unlimited sim , within 14 days , that i signed up for as part of the volt package that replaced the oomph package. i have now got 3 unwanted sims in a drawer from my last 3 renegotiations with virgin......just feel it's really taking the mick now the £25 payment isn't even hidden amongst the total bill anymore.

If you do this within 14 days, essentially ending your contract with O2 with no early termination charges, then apparently Virgin may* move you to a lower package. I am guessing when you say the full package, you mean the ultimate volt package.

After 14 days, I don’t think it really matters - You can change to a lower Tariff, and as long as it says you’ll get volt benefits as part of the Tariff (I think all voice + data ones have it anyway), then nothing should happen to your Virgin package.

Some people also say that after 14 days when they have cancelled (though I’m not sure why you would with early term charges), nothing happened regarding their Virgin package either. However when it comes to renewing, it flags up that you no longer have an O2 SIM if you end up completely cancelling it, which means you won’t be able to negotiate a new Volt deal.

Hopefully this helps. 🙂

IainC86
On our wavelength

Yes you will

If you cancel the O2 account before the 14 days you may lose your Volt benefits (which, depending on your package, could have included a BB speed boost and wifi pods).

If you cancel after the 14 days (the O2 deal is a 30-day contract) you may not be entitled to any Volt benefits when you come to renew your Virgin contract but will be unaffected for now.

Funny thing is that after I signed up for Ultimate Volt I received the two contracts but no O2 SIM. I rang O2 and they said they had no record of my account and that I should speak to Virgin to sort it out. Of course I never did and I've not heard from O2 since.