cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate Volt Bundle- Cancel Just O2 Side

Raident10
Dialled in

Good morning everyone I hope you’re well,

A few days ago, I upgraded to the ultimate volt bundle, as the UK team gave me a pretty good deal to renew my contact.

As I now have 2 separate contracts and accounts (one with Virgin for Broadband, TV, Landline), and one with O2 for Mobile, I was wondering if anything would happen to my virgin media contract if I cancelled my O2 Contract within 14 days?

I.e - would i be charged anything extra by virgin media? Would I lose any discounts, etc?

I am not 100% sure I’ll be cancelling O2 but the main reason would be my main mobile number is on another mobile network, as I get 50% off.

Kind regards,

Joe

144 REPLIES 144

IainC86
On our wavelength

So i can cancel the o2 side and still have the virgin side?

BigChippy
On our wavelength

Not what I have been told, they run side by side and you can’t have one without the other.

OK I'm confused. Some ppl say they can cancel and keep their broadband and TV service and some say they have to be together 

If you're already on the 1g speeds volt bundle but you cancel the o2 sim. What will you lose from virgin media?

Does your landline and TV service still work? 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Here's the section in the terms:

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/documents/legal/Terms%20and%20Conditions%...

4. If you cancel your eligible O2 Pay Monthly Mobile Plan within 14 days of:
(a) you receiving your O2 SIM following you purchasing an eligible O2 Pay Monthly Mobile Plan;or (b) you re-contracting to an eligible O2 Pay Monthly Mobile Plan at the same time as purchasing Virgin Media broadband services, you will become ineligible for the Volt benefits for your Virgin Media services. Depending on the services you receive:

1. we may remove any applicable Volt broadband speed boost;
  2. if you have chosen to subscribe to Intelligent WiFi Plus, you will no longer be entitled to receive the Intelligent WiFi Plus service for
    free (unless you take Gig1 Fibre Broadband) and standard pricing will be applied going forward; and
  3. if you were receiving the Ultimate Volt Bundle and you have cancelled your O2 Unlimited SIM, we may move your Virgin Media services to the Bigger Sports & Movies Bundle (or the nearest equivalent bundle to Bigger Sports & Movies available at the time). If you would prefer to move to a different package, you should call Virgin Media to discuss your options.

5. If you subsequently cancel your eligible O2 Pay Monthly Mobile Plan after the 14 day period referred to in Section A.1.4 above, the Volt benefits for your Virgin Media services may be lost when you next recontract to Virgin Media’s services.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

OK so if you're already on the 1g broadband speed then you're not going to get a speed drop are you?

Let's assume the WiFi pods are not in use.

Is that correct? 

So the volt bundle has to have all products active for the bundle to exist if that makes sense - so if you remove the O2 mobile number form the equation, the bundle no longer exists per say.

So what this appears to mean is that VM might put you on another Bundle that is not* the ultimate volt bundle. The volt bundle for your information doesn’t only allow for 3 free Wi-Fi pods (although personally I have my own router /mesh’s anyway), but it also gives next day engineer appointments for peace of mind.

If you was upgraded to the gig1 speeds as part of a speed boost (instead of you being on this plan anyway and paying for the speed), then VM might downgrade you to a lower speed tier.

I forgot to add (as per the reply below) that this might only be if you cancel in 14 days though, as effectively if you left after 14 days, you would need to pay the remainder of your contract, plus any other applicable fees.

I hope this helps. 🙂

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If you cancel the SIM after the 14 days, and you don't make any cable changes, my understanding is that cable services stay as they are. It's cancelling the O2 SIM within 14 days of taking it out that would reverse the Volt bundle.

But cancelling the O2 SIM outside the 14 days would be liable to any End of Contract Fees for the O2 SIM contract.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

IainC86
On our wavelength

I have cancelled the o2 sim within the 14 days as i am already with o2, i expect my speed to drop from 1gb to 500mb or something but one of the guys above said the virgin media package should stay the same.  If it goes up in price from £60 il be cancelling vm too.  Hopefully it all works out.

OK so if you were upgraded then you will lose the 1g speeds but if you signed up already on the 1g speeds then it would remain the same right?

So if you are already on the highest package and you remove the o2 sim, then there is not a bundle they can put you on because you are already on the highest speeds possible.

So your broadband price will remain the same if you cancel the o2 sim card within 14 days right?

Also, how would you cancel the o2 sim? Do you tell virgin media or do you tell o2?

Hi, i guess its isnt very clear at all.  You cancel the sim through o2.