cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate Volt Bundle- Cancel Just O2 Side

Raident10
Dialled in

Good morning everyone I hope you’re well,

A few days ago, I upgraded to the ultimate volt bundle, as the UK team gave me a pretty good deal to renew my contact.

As I now have 2 separate contracts and accounts (one with Virgin for Broadband, TV, Landline), and one with O2 for Mobile, I was wondering if anything would happen to my virgin media contract if I cancelled my O2 Contract within 14 days?

I.e - would i be charged anything extra by virgin media? Would I lose any discounts, etc?

I am not 100% sure I’ll be cancelling O2 but the main reason would be my main mobile number is on another mobile network, as I get 50% off.

Kind regards,

Joe

144 REPLIES 144

coey
On our wavelength

cancelled dec 22 , no issues. 

Hey @DP0207,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Great to hear you are making the most of our Volt benefits, with this I would like to have a quick look into this with you in a private message, if you have not used this before you can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen.

Joe

athers116
Tuning in

Reopening this up - I presume there are no changes for the Mega Volt bundle (as opposed to the Ultimate Volt bundle)?

As others have raised, I do not want the o2 sim as have had a bad experience with them before. If I cancel O2 within 14 days, will I retain the same Virgin Media services?

Hey ather116, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community.

If you do not want the O2 sim you can cancel this with O2 within the 14 days for sure.

Your Virgin services will stay the same but you may loose the volt benefits going forward.  

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt
And by Volt benefits we mean the doubling of the broadband speed?

And by going forwards, is this at the point of renewal or earlier?

This has been my query all along - can we cancel O2 but keep the 1Gb broadband and other Volt benefits?

Hi @athers116
Thank you for your reply, yes all volt benefits including the speed upgrade will no longer be applied.
Thanks
Zoie

What's included in 'all volt benefits' other than the speed upgrade?

And at what point will it no longer be applied?

Hi athers118.

So the full Volt benefits are as follows,

Get double the data on every eligible O2 Pay Monthly plan in your household.

Get a broadband speed boost to the next available level (up to a max of 1Gbps).

WiFi guarantee included at no extra cost and up to 3 WiFi pods if needed. Plus O2 Travel Inclusive Zone.

The Benefits will stop from the date you cancel your O2 sim.

It's all advised here 

Hope that helps 

Gareth_L

Thanks for the clarification - I'll keep paying O2 in that case.