cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate Volt Bundle- Cancel Just O2 Side

Raident10
Dialled in

Good morning everyone I hope you’re well,

A few days ago, I upgraded to the ultimate volt bundle, as the UK team gave me a pretty good deal to renew my contact.

As I now have 2 separate contracts and accounts (one with Virgin for Broadband, TV, Landline), and one with O2 for Mobile, I was wondering if anything would happen to my virgin media contract if I cancelled my O2 Contract within 14 days?

I.e - would i be charged anything extra by virgin media? Would I lose any discounts, etc?

I am not 100% sure I’ll be cancelling O2 but the main reason would be my main mobile number is on another mobile network, as I get 50% off.

Kind regards,

Joe

144 REPLIES 144

Hello Tercos.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with the Discnnection fee on your O2 mobile.
I'd like to take a look into this for you and make sure it is correct.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi, I've read these responses and I'm still as confused as ever! In November, I signed up to a new package to get faster Broadband and the Netflix offer, and was told that if I also signed up for an O2 sim, it would be cheaper than NOT getting the O2 sim as it was a special offer. So I did that. I've never received a SIM, and don't really care as I don't have a mobile phone that I could use it in (I'm already in contract with another provider on my main phone), so as far as I was concerned I was just paying O2 £12 a month for nothing, but that was the deal for getting my Virgin bundle.

However, when I contacted Virgin some time ago, they said I could just cancel the O2 sim and still keep the Virgin benefits. A few days ago, I got a letter from O2 telling me they were increasing my monthly payment from £12 to £14.07, so this seems like a good time to cancel my O2 if I can do so without penalty. However, I have no idea what my O2 phone number is, and the only way I can contact O2 is to sign into "My O2", and I can't as I don't know my O2 mobile number (as I never had a SIM), and they don't recognise my email address.

So my questions are:

1. If I cancel my direct debit to O2, will I keep the Virgin benefits (1Gb broadband, Oomph bundle, and so on)

2. The contract I got in November shows an icon of a SIM with a cross by it, which is presumably why I never received a SIM - but then why is O2 charging me a monthly fee in that case?

3. Can I cancel the O2 via Virgin, or do I need to (somehow) get in touch with O2 to do it?

Thanks!

Chris.virginoomph.png

Hi, so to recap, after upgrading from oomph to volt, you cancelled the o2 mobile and the vm package/cost stayed the same and you didn’t  have to return the new hub etc. i assume this was after the vm services and o2 switch had been activated but before the 14 days were up. ta.

coey
On our wavelength
yes , now paying £80 per month , see bill.......

Bill breakdown

Your package (26th March-25th April)
£80.00

Ultimate Volt bundle
£136.00
This includes

Sky Sports HD Pack
Sky Sports and Cinema Collection
Kids Pick
Maxit TV
Virgin TV 360 Box
Virgin TV 360 Mini Box
Volt Gig1 Fibre Broadband
Netflix Standard
Anytime chatter
WiFi Guarantee with WiFi Max
1 Additional TV Box
Telephone Line Rental
Promotions & discounts
Credit £56.00
Ultimate bundle offer - 18 month saving, ends on 23 May 2024
Additional discount that ends on 23 May 2024
You're receiving a œ10 discount. If you change your package you may lose this discount which will end on 23 May 2024

2. The contract I got in November shows an icon of a SIM with a cross by it, which is presumably why I never received a SIM - but then why is O2 charging me a monthly fee in that case?

chrissouthville

The Sim with a cross means you don't have a Virgin Sim - before the O2 merger there were packages with Sims included.  I'm in the same sort of deal as you but I have kept the O2 sim as it gives me European roaming that my old provider doesn't and my contract has the same cross.  I have cut back from the "Unlimited" one to 5Mb and have a friends and family discount from someone who works for O2 so it works out as a good deal.  I'm sure if you contact O2/visit a shop they will be able to sort out what number you should have or give you a new sim.  It may be a bit difficult to cancel though.

Thanks WKeith, that makes sense. I don't particularly want a SIM as I don't have an unlocked phone that I could use it in, as I'm under contract to another provider (EE), and Virgin seemed the think I could cancel - but I'd be surprised if that's true. Good idea about checking in an O2 shop though - thanks!

I think O2 should be able to identify your account from your Virgin email address. Or just cancel any Direct Debits set up with them and, since you never received a SIM, ask your bank to refund any payments made to O2.

Hey rogerh4, thank you for reaching out and if you are looking to activate the Volt benefits you can also do it here.

Once applied these benefits can take up to 14 days to add on. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I'm not 'reaching out' (yuck!) or looking to activate anything. Why did you think I was?

No problem at all, please do let us know if you ever need anything going forward. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?