cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate Oomph billing - why am I being billed for SIM separately?

MarkA1
Joining in

Changed my deal to the Ultimate Oomph bundle in Feb '21. Agent said he had to send me a SIM as part of deal - all inclusive. Ever since I have charged a monthly £25 in addition to the monthly Ultimate Oomph deal price. Spoken to  4 agents about this - even asked one to raise a dispute. Still heard nothing from accounts or anyone else at Virgin Media about this but £25 keeps disappearing monthly!

Does anyone have any idea about how I can get someone at Virgin Media to take responsibility for sorting this out as the SIM should be inclusive to the Ultimate Oomph deal as far as I can tell from my contract details?

10 REPLIES 10

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @MarkA1 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

Sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your services. 

Are you able to let me know if you had the sim before you took out the ultimate oomph bundle? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak

I contacted Virgin Media on Feb 19th '21 to discuss my package as I was out of date on my contract.

I was offered the Ultimate Oomph bundle (by Gareth) but told that I would have to be sent a SIM card as part of the deal. It would not matter if I did not use the SIM but I had to have it to qualify for the Ultimate Oomph package. The new SIM arrived within a few days, but for some reason I have been charged £25/month for the SIM IN ADDITION to the cost of the Ultimate Oomph package cost. 

On 3rd April spoke to Bree (Phillipines call centre) about SIM card/ultimate oomph issue - siad she would call back later that day with an answer (still waiting for the call!).

On 8th May spoke to Laura about SIM card/ultimate oomph chaos - she said she would raise a complaint for me and it would all be sorted out in 28 days as per Virgin Media's regulations - I haven't heard anything more about the complaint - I assume nothing has been done about it.

I even got an email (25/03/21) saying I wasn't eligible for the Ultimate Oomph deal because I didn't have a SIM. This is completely crackers - no one seems to know what they are doing - all I want is for me to have all of the monthly £25 payments credited back to my account and for the SIM to remain part of the Ultimate Oomph package as it should be (according to all the Virgin Media advertising and my current contract).

I hope you are able to help resolve this or point me to someone who can,

Many thanks

Mark

Thanks for getting back to us @MarkA1  sorry your issues with your monthly deal have not been resolved.

Just for clarification, are you wishing to have your existing number with ourselves converted to the Oomph bundle?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee

Yes. 

The only reason I have a SIM, is because it was sent to me when I signed up for the Ultimate Oomph package. I never signed up for a separate Virgin Mobile/SIM. My current phone deal (with O2) ends in November '21 and I intend to switch the number to this SIM at that point in time - hope this makes sense.

I will be most grateful if you can link the SIM/Ultimate Oomph package as was originally intended by "Gareth" on Feb 19th '21 and organise to have the overpayments of £25/month credited to my bank account, which currently stands at £25 x 5 = £125.00

Many thanks

Mark

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me.

I am sorry to hear of this issue. 

I am going to pop you over a PM so that I can get this resolved. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Jjaayyww
Joining in

did this ever get sorted? 

I have had the exact same problem and its been going on for over a year now. I've been pushed from pillow to post. numerous complaints and WhatsApp messages have been exchanged and it seems nobody knows their a**e from their elbow. with the price rise in march I was able to cancel the unused sim or so I thought. I was given a date of when the contract would end so as soon as that date came I cancel the DD. The following month I had a letter and email to say the my monthly bill was overdue. I've now opened a case with cicas. I'm owed over 350 pound for a sim I never signed up for.

Hi @Jjaayyww

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear of this issue. Have we issued you with a deadlock letter so you can seek independent adjudication?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

i have not received a deadlock letter

Thanks for coming back to me. I shall send you a PM now to assist further. Before seeking independent adjudication, you need to go through our complaints process.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill