Menu
LetMego
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Trying to shut mobile PayAsYouGo account after virgin compromised it - You won't give me a STAC code

Virgin you sent a sim pack to an old address I haven't lived at for a decade then notified me by email AFTER sending it.

I have spent over an hour on the phone speaking to people who won't let me leave. I have emailed you.

I have requested a STAC code online which just gives me an "oops something went wrong message" & tell me to use chat which gives the same "oops" message

I have texted 75075 which returns a message telling me to try again later

PLEASE

YOU COMPROMISED MY ACCOUNT I want the sim & attached phone number disabled permanently immediately. No ifs buts or maybes shut the sim down

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to shut mobile PayAsYouGo account after virgin compromised it - You won't give me a ST...

Hi LetMego, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry your SIM has not been successfully cancelled.  I'd like to take a closer look.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
LetMego
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to shut mobile PayAsYouGo account after virgin compromised it - You won't give me a ST...

Hi

Lee was helping me in private message with this but I'm desperate to know if the sim (which is now we think in a charity bag somewhere) has been disabled. This is massively urgent as I'm leaving the country TODAY, permanently. He said he would 'action this' ie shutting the sim down permanently. But I've heard nothing further - I figure he might be on days off

Can a Virgin person look at the PM conversation we had & check if this has been done please

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi LetMego

I will get back to you in just a moment.  I have only just signed back in after a half day yesterday sorry.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
LetMego
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No thank you so much, it is just I'm flying out today. I'd like my online account & details erased too please in accordance with the GDPR as I won't be with you any more.
0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi LetMego

Just a quick post  to confirm you're happy with the response and efforts from our forum team?  

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos