Menu
pssyche
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Trying to settle outstanding handset balance

I moved house over a year ago and provided Virgin Media with details at the time as I needed to cancel my broadband service because my new address had no coverage.  All fine. 

I also have a mobile contract and today I have tried to pay off the outstanding balance on the handset.  The address listed in Virgin Mobile is the correct address but apparently when trying to authorise a card payment my old address details are being supplied so the payment doesn't go through.

I was advised to update my details on the Virgin Media site but none of the email addresses I supply appear valid  - perhaps the account no longer exists?  As I can't access an account to update the address I appear stuck.  Unless I updated my email address before the move (unlikely) then I also no longer have access to old email addresses as I have have let the domains expire.  

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?  I could just keep paying the monthly handset amount until it is paid in full in 6 months I suppose but I wanted to clear it.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to settle outstanding handset balance

Hello pssyche

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear you are not able to pay the handset off

Sadly we are not able to take payments on our Forums

The best way is calling 789 and speaking to an agent who can then accept a payment 

Gareth_L 

0 Kudos
pssyche
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Gareth.

Yes, that is what I had done.   I called up to settle and they tried to take a card payment but couldn't.  I was told it was because the address they had on file was different to my current address and where my card is registered.   The system was automatically supplying my previous address.

On my Virgin Mobile profile the address is correct but the agent said I needed to correct it on the Virgin Media site.  However, my account there seems to have been closed down (cancelled Virgin Media services over a year ago when I moved) so I cannot sign in to update anything. 

I had thought that perhaps I was using an old email address for that account but I have the email from Virgin Media confirming that I changed the email address to my current one.  Trying to sign in with it fails and if I try to reset the password it advises that the email address is unknown - hence my suspicion that the account no longer exists.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The Freestyle loans are held on a separate system to your airtime plan and cable services account.

Although you can update your airtime plan address yourself and you can do the cable services over the phone, to update a Freestyle loan address you need to send in proof:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-update-contact-details

If you weren't told of that then it's why the address now doesn't match, and why the Mobile team can't clear the payment.

I think you'd still be able to do the address update now by following the above, and once it's complete make the card payment.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
pssyche
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that! Much appreciated and it looks promising.

Cheers!
0 Kudos
pssyche
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Still hopeful, though that is now 13 days since I sent the form with attached proof of address and no word yet... 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi pssyche,

Apologies of the delayed response. I can have a look into this for you. I'll send you a PM shortly to get your details.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi pssyche,

Apologies of the delayed response. I can have a look into this for you. I'll send you a PM shortly to get your details.

Cheers,

Corey C

pssyche
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I reckon this has been resolved now with Corey's help.  Still have to call and settle but my account details have now been updated.  Thanks all who responded. 🙂

0 Kudos