cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of Ownership

MoonBloom
Tuning in

Hi,

I signed up for a sim only contract some years ago on behalf of my sibling (who was under 18 at the time) on my name and direct debit.

My sibling is now over 18 and the contract has ended (currently 30 days rolling contract) and we'd like the account to be transferred to their name.

We could just cancel and sign up for a new contract, however it's very important they can keep their current number. My sibling and I are no longer on talking terms and it's becoming very difficult with the account under my direct debit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to us @MoonBloom and I will be sure to pass on your thanks to @Ayisha_B for her help.

Yes that would be possible to transfer the number over but we would need to speak to the account holder of both accounts and account security would need to be passed on both accounts by the account holder.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MoonBloom,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear this. I'm afraid we do not do transfer of ownerships in this way. 

There isn't a way to transfer your existing services and contract to someone else. For your sibling to be the account holder, your existing account would need to be closed and your sibling would start a new account and contract.

We do apologise for the inconvenience caused. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Ayisha_B

Thanks for the quick response, that's a shame.

If my sibling signed up for a new contract is there any way to transfer the number on the current account to the new account?

Thanks for coming back to us @MoonBloom and I will be sure to pass on your thanks to @Ayisha_B for her help.

Yes that would be possible to transfer the number over but we would need to speak to the account holder of both accounts and account security would need to be passed on both accounts by the account holder.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi @Steven_L

Thanks for that, so it would be possible to transfer the number from one Virgin Mobile account (on a rolling contract) to another Virgin Mobile account (on a long term plan). Once the new contract is created, how can we do this? Both account holders would be available to pass account security.

Hi MoonBloom, thanks for the message. When a transfer of ownership is done we would cancel the current contract and transfer it is to the other name, a credit check would be required. Would this be acceptable to you. ^Chris.

Hi @Chris_W1

What you have proposed here is exactly what I am looking to do, how would I go about doing this? Because @Ayisha_B's reply above says transfer of ownership is not possible?

For the cancellation of the Mobile account, you would need to call into the Virgin Mobile team via 789/0345 600 0789. Sadly we wouldn't be able to process the transfer of ownership as we cannot do them. My apologies for the different information you have been advised. The reason we couldn't do transfer is that when the account is cancelled the account is closed as so the number would be lost. What you would need to do is get a PAC code and port the number to another companies PAYG SIM card and then once you have taken out the deal out with ourselves that you want, we can then port the number back in. 

^Martin