cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of Ownership - You CAN

MoonBloom
Tuning in

A few months ago I posted asking whether it's possible to transfer a mobile account to someone else. See here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Mobile/Transfer-of-Ownership/m-p/5075341 

I received mixed responses from the VM team with two advising that this is NOT possible (@Ayisha_B @Martin_N) and two advising it IS possible (@Steven_L @Chris_W1).

Thank you VM team for making me look stupid to my sibling because when she called the helpline they said transfer of ownership in this way is absolutely possible.

The correct answer is as @Steven_L mentioned in the original thread: "Yes that would be possible to transfer the number over but we would need to speak to the account holder of both accounts and account security would need to be passed on both accounts by the account holder."

We did this and it worked. So if Virgin Media say transfer of ownership is not possible then pester them, show them this thread because it is. VM - you need to find consistency in your team and stop confusing customers with misinformation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MoonBloom,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, we are sorry for the mixed information given, this has now been fed back, if you do need any further support, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MoonBloom,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, we are sorry for the mixed information given, this has now been fed back, if you do need any further support, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.