Menu
lpf1997
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Trade in and cashback

I'm also having major issues with trying to get the promised £100 cash back for the purchase of a new iPhone beginning of Nov 2020. Have spent ages on the phone to Virgin and have contacted Brightstar but to no avail. Virgin have said that they've opened up an 'investigation' but it's been a month since and nothing. Haven't yet traded in my old phone because I haven't got the promo code to get the extra cash back and worried that if I do send the old phone in, I'll never get the money.

So annoying as I'm owed over £200 now too. Feel like I've exhausted every option and they just want people like us to forget about it so they never have to give that money out...

0 Kudos
Salt25
Joining in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trade in and cashback

Agree sorry to here same issues, still waiting, customer services a waste of time and both parties blaming each other.....my old phone has been recycled i am told which now leaves me out of pocket.

hopefully i will be re-embursed soonest.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello both, 

We are sorry that you're still having issues with your trade-in and cashback. This is not something that we would usually be able to assist with here as it is handled by a 3rd party Partner. 

We do have a dedicated page for our Trade-in and Cash Back which will show you some FAQ's and helpful information. For contact information for our 3rd party Partner, you can locate these on their webpage Brightstar Their helpdesk is open Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm

We do hope that you managed to get things sorted out. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
lpf1997
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

But I have been in contact with Brightstar and they said it's not their issue, which I agree with. The problem is is that I'm missing the promo code needed from Virgin in order to claim my extra £100 cash back alongside my trade in. 

I'm sick of being passed from department to department when this is such an easy fix. I do not understand why it is so hard for Virgin to just give me the promo code promised so that I can complete my trade in and get the £250 I'm owed. This is absolutely ridiculous.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @lpf1997

The promo code is sent to you around 21 days after delivery of the handset. I can only apologise that you do not have this as yet. On looking at your account I can see that you have contacted us and the relevant investigation forms have already been filled out for you. 

Once they have any information, the correct team will be in touch. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
lpf1997
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I know that and I know an investigation has been filed. Why this even needs an investigation is beyond me -- surely you can just send me the code that was meant to arrive but didn't?

This 'investigation' was filed a month ago now and I have since heard nothing. I do not understand why Virgin are making this into the most complicated situation ever. How can you ensure anyone will ever be in touch? And what does an investigation into this issue even entail? I am truly astounded by how badly Virgin have handled this whole situation when it could be a simple case of you just sending me the code I was meant to receive back in November? 

Why can't this be sorted immediately?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

As you have advised that you have not received the code via SMS as is standard, a form must be filled out to find out why you have not had the code. The investigation will see if you do indeed qualify for the code and if so, why you have not yet received it. 

If you do qualify, the code will be produced and sent to you directly. The code is not visible to us on your account so can't just be provided to you when you have contacted us. 

I can only apologise that there is nothing further can do at this stage. 

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
lpf1997
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

But the conditions of the promotion stated that you were eligible for the code if you purchased an iPhone 12 between the end of October and the 8th of November 2020 and it takes 2 minutes to check my order history and see that I did!! Therefore I qualify for the promotional code!! Why is this so hard to understand! 

This is utterly ridiculous and I am so upset and frustrated as I've been led blind by this apparent promotion. It was partly why I decided to join Virgin Mobile in the first place and now I feel completely duped. This is a horrible way to treat your customers, to give them so much grief over a promise and then expect them to give up in the end so you don't have to pay out as promised. Shameful. 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

As mentioned, this is not run by ourselves but our 3rd party partner. If you have not received the promo code via text within the 21 days of receiving your handset then the investigation form must be filled out. 

The code is not generated on your account and as such agents are not able to see this so can't just give it to you. The promo team will have to do that for you. 

Once the investigation has taken place, you will be contacted directly. 

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
lpf1997
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

This is infuriating. Please can you give me contact details for the promo team so I get actually talk to someone who can help me. I have absolutely no faith that this investigation is actually going to be carried out or that I'll be contacted, so I insist on talking to someone from the correct team. Please. 

0 Kudos