Menu
Zoltan_1
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Sim card was sent to old address

Hi,

I recently lost my phone, and after I reported it I received an email from VirginMobile that my new SIM card is on it's way. My problem is that I changed address in September, and I didn't update my details. (I had a broadband with VirginMedia, where I updated my address, I didn't realise these two have different databases)
In the email I was told that the new SIM is being delivered by Royal Mail, and I was given an order reference number. When I tried to track my parcel and maybe change the delivery address, Royal Mail didn't recognise this reference number.
My question is, should I wait couple of days, then maybe report this new SIM card as "Lost" again? So I could get new SIM card to the new address (which I've updated since)?

(Also, I wanted to change my phone number as well)

Thank you for any advice,
Zoltan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sim card was sent to old address

Good morning Zoltan_1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry that your new SIM card is being sent to your old address, I can appreciate you're keen to get your hands on it. 

The SIM's are sent via Royal Mail and can take 3-5 days to be delivered. I don't think we'd be able to change the delivery address at this point, but we can cancel it and send a new one to your new address. 

I'd also be able to look at helping you change your number if you wish. 

What I'll do is I'll pop you a personal message now asking for some further details and we'll take it from there. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team