cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security key

Glenby4875
Tuning in

Hi, my first post .

I can see this thread is over a year old but rather than start a new one I thought I would try here first.

I have the identical problem I want to see how long my contract is to pay for my phone . I have tried everything I can but I'm being asked for a security key.

I have no recollection of ever being sent one .Would it be possible to do the same for me.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Glenby4875,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are unable to check how long you have on your Contract due to not being able to find the Security Key you are being asked for, this would have been sent along with the documents you had to sign when taking up the contract, try doing a search on all folders in your Email, just in case you still have no luck I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to start so I can help further.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

27 REPLIES 27

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Glenby4875,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are unable to check how long you have on your Contract due to not being able to find the Security Key you are being asked for, this would have been sent along with the documents you had to sign when taking up the contract, try doing a search on all folders in your Email, just in case you still have no luck I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to start so I can help further.

Regards

Paul.

Thanks for your reply. I have searched through old Virgin Media emails some as old as 2009 there is nothing.

I have no  memory of ever looking at my contract before .I believe it was early 2020 when I bought my new phone.

If I am correct it should be paid for as I believe it was over 3 years ago. Virgin are still collecting the money ,I may have this wrong

It is paid for from my  wife's account, I have searched all Virgin emails from her account also , she pays all our domestic bills including phones through her account.  I don't remember ever remember  signing anything and never getting any security key for logging into this contract . Why is it so difficult when I am already on my account with a password but still I need another layer of security ?

Thanks

Hi Glenby4875,

If the phone agreement has ended an the term of the contract then until contacted to change the package the tariff would remain the same on a rolling contract basis.

You can see when the contract ended Via your Mobile Online Account virg.in/youracc.

Regards

Paul.

Paul, Thanks very much for your reply I really appreciate it. But I'm really going around in circles now.

I spent a lot of time yesterday afternoon, last evening and this morning on this as well as trying to do some work .

I have tried on a computer and on my phone and getting nowhere . Online Account virg.in/youracc.  keeps coming back to contract number details and 'security key.'

I notice a previous poster had the identical problem just about a year ago and was sent these details by email . Could this be done for me.?

I really must have a rest from it now as I'm getting nowhere.

Thanks

What I will do is invite you into a private chat so I can first clear security then will be able to help further, I will send the invite shortly, omce received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

I'm trying to see and get copies of my bills for my handset, but to be able to view the credit agreement I need a security key which I don't have. I no longer have the emails I received when I first took out the agreement last year. Is there any way to get this code sent to me again?

Buzzell
Joining in

Hi could I also reset my security key please? I also want to see how long I have left on my contract agreement as I’m sure I’m coming to the end of my contract.

Cheers.

Hi Buzzell,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, We will be more than happy to help you get your security key sent so you can view your contract and when this ends.

So I can help I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

I need mine as well, i've tried using live chat and they sent me the wrong email and i am no longer able to access it please help i am so frustrated at it