Menu
SpyPat
Tuning in
Message 1 of 1
Flag for a moderator

SIM update failed; ordered SIM card not received yet

Hello!
I received this SMS from Virgin Media on Tuesday 25/5/21:

"Hi, it's Virgin Media. We tried to update your mobile network services so you can use your mobile outside of the UK, but it didn't work. To keep on enjoying our roaming services, send YES to 80197 by 30th June 2021 to order a new SIM. For more info, head to virginmedia.com/roamingabroad"

I am currently abroad with my Virgin Mobile SIM and this is the reason that the update has failed.
Thus, on Wednesday 26 May 2021, I sent YES to 80197 and Virgin Media (80197) replied at 13:50 on the same day to confirm that the new SIM is on the way.

However, as of today Monday 7 June 2021, the new SIM card has not yet been received at the UK address in my registered Virgin Mobile account.
Also, I have not received any email with information on the order number and address where the SIM card was sent (as it was the case with the SIM swap in August 2020).
How many working days does it normally take to deliver a new SIM?
As the SMS messages come from Virgin Media, is it ok that I only have a Virgin Mobile account and not a Virgin Media one?

Please note that my intention is (as suggested in a related topic "SIM update failed ?") for the SIM card to be activated in UK and then sent to me abroad. This delay in receiving the new SIM card is really worrying for me as after 30 June 2021, I will not be able to login to websites that use 2-step authentication and send a code to my Virgin SIM.

Could you please advise me on what I should do?
Thank you!
Kind regards.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos