cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM replacement not recognised

jojop18
Joining in

My mothers virgin mobile sim stopped working over 2 weeks ago and when I rang up I was told she needed to replace the Sim to an upgraded one which would be sent out. This has arrived and today I have put in into her mobile while visiting.

Despite inserting it and removing it a number of times the message invalid sim is appearing. I’ve also tried turning the phone off and back on and it makes no difference.

I thought this would be straight forward switch - my mum is in a care home and relies on her phone to communicate with family so at the moment is isolated 

1 REPLY 1

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jojop18,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear the replacement Sim we sent for your Mother isn't working as we appreciate the importance of this as it is her only communication the her family, has the Sim card been activated, if you know all her details and can clear security I will be happy to help, so I can get some further information I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.