Menu
fasajjad123
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

SIM card stopped working need replacement

My virgin mobile sim has been working fine since February but today I woke up and my phone keeps saying no SIM card installed I tried other sims in my phone and they are all recognised but my Virgin one isn’t I’ve tried my sim in my family members phones and it’s not being recognised in their phones either

how can I get a replacement sim sent to me 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: SIM card stopped working need replacement

Hello

What type of SIM do you have is it a contract SIM or PAYG ?

If it is PAYG you will have a problem as if not been used to send a chargeable SMS or make a chargeable phone call within the last 90 days, then I am afraid that you now have lost the phone number and any credit, as if the above has not been done then the T&C allow VM to remove the service. The other issue you will have with VM PAYG is not VM no longer offer PAYG so would be unable to give you another SIM card.

If it is a contract SIM then you can order one on your account, or wait for a staff member to get to the post and they will have a look, this will take upto a week or more due to Xmas. To get to your account login in at https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/login

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
fasajjad123
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply I have a sim contract can you tell me how to order a replacement sim on the virgin mobile website I logged in but I couldn’t find it anywhere 

thanks 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Fasajjad123 and welcome to our community.

I'll pop you over a private message so we can take a look into this. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos