cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not requested

cockneyjohn1951
On our wavelength

I received an email today telling me my order for a new SIM was on its way. First of all I never requested a new SIM and secondly they have stated that if I don`t activate it within 30 days it will be done for me. They never asked if I wanted to keep my existing number just assumed I would accept it. 

I have not intention of going through all my contacts telling my number has been changed neither looking through all my records for other organisations who have my existing number registered. 

I have tried phoning but no matter to whom I speak they have no idea what I am on about.

Why send me a new SIM without giving me advance warning, why can`t I keep my old number and has anyone else had this type of bullying approach. Any ideas.

3 REPLIES 3

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @cockneyjohn1951,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear about this. What does the email state exactly? A new SIM doesn't necessarily mean that you're being provided with a new number, but a new SIM card with the exact same number that you already have on it.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach
Thanks for a quick reply. I am pleased to say that the problem has been solved.
In January I upgraded my Virgin package and despite my telling them that the SIM card was`nt required they still sent it. I had no use for it so I just threw it in the drawer and forgot it. My wife who has a better memory than me remembered what I had done with the SIM and checking the phone numbers they were the same. So its not the current phone being changed but one that does not or will not exist, the new SIM is also going in the drawer with the other one.

Hi @cockneyjohn1951,

Many thanks for your reply and the update - glad to hear that you've been able to resolve this.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide