Menu
Azed
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Replacement SIM card not arrived

I applied online for a new SIM card on Sept 29 when your warning was received, expecting to receive a new one within a few days as promised. None has yet arrived (16 October). 
we are dependent on this phone for our internet banking etc, are self isolating and very senior citizens. 
Judging by the community forum this is not an uncommon situation. We are appalled at such thoughtless service and look forward to you remedying the situation promptly. We are in a real fix. 

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement SIM card not arrived

Hi Azed,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry you haven't received your sim card yet. I can appreciate the importance of this for you.

I'll pop you a private message so I can take your details and have one sent out ASAP.

I'll speak to you there.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
Azed
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

We eventually received the phone and the SIM card, but have had no success with getting the phone to work. Can you help, please. 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Really sorry about this. 

I've had a look into the back end of things and can see that you discussed this with the team yesterday. 

Has it been cleared up since or do we need to send another SIM? 

Let us know 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Azed
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for replying, Emma. Certainly your replacement isn’t working and according to yesterday’s phone conversation with your colleague she said it was now deactivated. She didn’t suggest a new SIM card but if that is the easy solution then yes please!

thank you but please give us clear instructions as to what to do when new SIM received. We are obviously getting too old for all this! And it’s hard to get practical help in lockdown isolation. 

many thanks, Ann 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No worries @Azed and I do apologise for the delay. 

Using the details we have from last time I have sent another new SIM card, it will arrive within 3-5 days and need activating. 

If you have any issues at all doing this please pop me a direct message and I can assist from there. 

Thanks.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Azed
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

We did eventually receive a second replacement SIM card for the Nokia replacement phone. And our credit was transferred. However I am unable to top up online because I cannot register for an account. It refuses to recognise me. With the previous phone pay as you go was always done at a bank ATM. This became impossible and now I cannot get access online. I don’t recall ever setting up a mobile account online but I can’t now register for one now! What to do? This is getting desperate because I imagine credit is low and we need for banking though little else in the Covid era. Please help! I am going round in circles. 

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Azed,

Thank you for getting back to us here with an update. I'm very glad to hear that you've been able to get the replacement SIM, and have successfully got it up and running with your credit.

However, it is a shame to hear you're having some problems setting up an online account for it. Can you expand? What problem are you having exactly when you attempt to register? Does an error message appear?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Azed
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply, Zack. I don’t get an error message as such. Screen just reverts without progress. I have both treated to ‘sign in’ and also to register an account. 
In both attempts it doesn’t apparently recognise my details…. Email address, surname, postcode, passwords ( the latter I’m guessing at because I don’t recall setting up an account online. Though  I seem to have an account number and area number recorded, but these aren’t asked for. 
I also have a letter from VM received with the SIM card despatch which has an order ref and an account ref.. different from that described above. 

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

What browser are you using to register your online account @Azed - could you try a different one and let me know how you get on? 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos