cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove number from account

scotjones
Joining in

Hi, what's the process to remove a number from my virgin mobile account? The said number will remain in use by the user, will they have to the add the number to their virgin mobile account?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Okay I get you now, it depends if its staying in your name or going into your ex partners name really.

Either way you would be best to give us a call on 0345 600 0789 and we  can look at changing this for you. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey scotjones, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community.

Please can you expand on what you mean are you looking to bring your number to us / take the number with you? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Sure, I myself are taking a number away, there however is a number in my account that will be staying with Virgin. I'll not need a virgin mobile account going forward but the remaining number will. What's the process for that, is it a case of the remining number will need a new (or an existing) virginmobile account to move it too?

You can port your number over to a new provider but by doing this the number would only work on your new sim card.

So for example lets say you are going from Virgin Mobile to O2 you would, call or text your provider to get a PAC Code. ... Get in touch with your new network and give them your PAC or put the new sim in and then check the number transfer has been successful.

It can normally take 24 hours or so, I would do this before going sleep. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thanks Matthew, I've probably not explained myself correctly..

My virgin mobile account has 2 numbers in it,  mine (Number a) and my ex partners (Number b)

I'm moving my number (number a) away from Virgin, so the PAC code etc is all sorted, and I understand that process.

My ex partners (number b) is staying with Virgin, however that number is currently in my virgin account. I'll be closing my virgin account as I'll not need it any longer. Whats the process for moving number b to a new / different / existing virgin mobile account?

Does that make sense?

Okay I get you now, it depends if its staying in your name or going into your ex partners name really.

Either way you would be best to give us a call on 0345 600 0789 and we  can look at changing this for you. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?