Menu
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Registering Mobile Sim Card from Fibre Oomph Package

I recently upgraded to the Bigger Bundle Oomph package which provided me with a 5GB sim card.

The sim card has arrived today and I've put it in my phone.

I've already received a bill (for £0.00) for the sim but it says to access the bill I need to register on the Virgin Mobile website.  I've already got a Virgin Mobile account but when I try to add the new mobile number to my existing account it informs me that I can only add a PAYG sim ???

Any ideas what I can do to get this sim card added so that I can view/download any bills for it going forward.

Thanks

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Registering Mobile Sim Card from Fibre Oomph Package

I've instead tried registering a new account (rather than add to my existing account).

It asks for me to answer the security question 'Mother's maiden name', but I have never provided this to Virgin ???

I have tried entering my mothers maiden name but it tells me it is wrong.

Can you help ??

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just as an update in case others have a similar issue - The answer to the 'Mothers Maiden Name' question was actually my Virgin Media telephone password, but all in uppercase.

It seems that rather than asking for a the details when setting up the Oomph sim, the agent just randomly entered that as my mothers maiden name.

-

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon @backtothefuture 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your online mobile account. 

I can change the password for you should you wish? 

I will also pass your feedback on to our management team for them to review? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Now I have access to my online account I've changed my security question and answer online - I assume this has now made the change - Or is there something else you need to change ?

Thanks

-

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me,

That would be all that needs doing.

Kind regards

Zak_M