Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Refer a friend bonus

My daughter took out a mobile phone contract last year after I referred her, but getting the bonus is proving a rather time consuming task.  

Firstly, I had to chase them up after 6 weeks before they confirmed that we were entitled to a bonus and now they have only approved a £50 bonus when I was expecting £100. I have looked on their website to see if the wording is misleading about the rewards (which I feel it is!) and still think she should have received a £70 bonus for the phone she actually took out with them.

Has anybody else had a similar problem and if so, who’s the best person to get some answers from?  I’ve tried emailing them with no response so ended up talking to Tellja support who can’t actually do anything about the amount of the reward. I feel as though it is intentionally all a bit misleading.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refer a friend bonus

Hi the refer a friend reward is £50 and always has been.Regards Micky
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi SalB63, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you've had a problem with your reward for referring your daughter for a mobile a contract.

May I ask what handset your daughter took out a contract for specifically? 

Are you able to see the referral listed when signing in here: https://virginmedia.tellja.eu/en/index.html?

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom,

It was an iPhone XR.  Just think all the advertising for ‘referring a friend’ is a bit misleading.  Even had a message from Virgin after she had taken out the contract implying that I could now share a £100 bonus with my friend, but when you look closely, it says ‘up to’.  And having looked at your website just now, it says for that phone the reward is £70 so I am very confused.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Micky,

Do you mean £50 between the 2 of you or each?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

£50 is the reward amount for home-service referrals, mobile referrals can vary depending on the handset. 

I'm sorry you feel misled - I honestly don't think that's intentional. However I understand that a specific process needs to be followed to be eligible for the referral - and if the referral was successful it would show up when signing in to the link in my first reply. Have you been able to log in via that link to check the referral was processed correctly?

Once that's established we'll be in a better position to advise further. 

Tom 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have checked that link and it said the bonus would be £50 but I presumed this was my reward and my daughter would get the same message, but obviously just for her 😂. You live and learn!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Having said that, I’m still confused why we didn’t get £70 between us as advertised on the website.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Do you by any chance a screenshot or photo of when you were quoted the £50 amount?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin,

I thought I had successfully posted a screenshot of my communications with virgin, but obviously not!  I’ll try again...

0 Kudos