Menu
Jessyellen
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to return a phone

I’m having exactly the same problem since the 29th March, have called 4 times and each time I get assured a Jiffy bag has been sent. I requested a print at home label be emailed, first person said couldn’t do that because Jiffy bag was ordered and then second person said it wasn’t an option. Called again Friday asked to speak to a manager but they were busy and again requested print my own label and they said it would be sent in 48 hours. Then received email saying Jiffy bag was on the way in 2 working days or to follow instructions for print at home label that I have already received. Confused, you bet I am so called customer service again and after they “investigated” she told me customer service had not sent out a Jiffy bag the order had never been sanctioned and yet again assured me the print at home label would be received in 48 hours. Money has been taken out of my account for the contract and if this goes on much longer another payment will be taken until the phone is returned. 
All I want to do is return this dam phone can it really be so difficult and can see I will be calling customer service again on Tue because the promised email return label has not been sent. I will never recommend Virgin to anyone EVER!!

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Morning @Jessyellen

Thanks for posting back on here and sorry to hear you're having some issues. 

I can appreciate this is not ideal. 

The best way I can look into this is if I take you into PM's as I just want to look at some account information and run through it with you if that's okay. 

I will send you a PM now 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
bubblegumG
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It took me threatening to sever all packages and ties with the company before my request was handled properly and carefully, but up until that point no proper action was taken. Make sure they put you through to the insurance company too, to ensure all refunds are possible. You will have to contact your bank too, to stop direct debits going through, maybe once the money stops coming in they may take you serious! Keep fighting though, it will happen eventually!!!!

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @bubblegumG,

Thank you for coming back onto our Community Forum!

We're sorry to hear that you had to go through such a difficult process to have your issue dealt with, but we're really glad to hear that your issue is now resolved.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jessyellen
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou for your reply though I don’t understand the insurance bit. After a week of messaging back and forth from Sasha I was finally sent a return label and told to take it to the Post Office despite my concerns about the label and pointing out that it had DPD on it. Surprise surprise it was invalid at the Post Office and I’m back to square one. It would be easier to go to the moon than return a phone to Virgin and I’m so stressed with the whole fiasco looking into switching.

0 Kudos
Jessyellen
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Update...used the return label which was finally emailed to me and was dubious because it had no return address only mine and bar code so queried it but was told to take it to DPD drop off point. Did that on the Wed and on the Friday DPD attempted to deliver it back to me as I was out and left me a card. I called customer service they said it was DPD mistake to call them, DPD said it was Virgins mistake the barcode was for delivery to me and Virgin need to call them to get it sent back to Virgin. Called Virgin again to tell them this and advisor said they don’t do that and to wait to get it re delivered. A returns label had been posted to me the previous day to use that to return the phone. I mean you can’t make this up...I’ve been a loyal customer of Virgin since it was NTL and am appalled by how we as customers are being dealt with. The only person who actually tried to sort this out was Sasha one of the Forum Team. I eventually got a call from Virgin to say he had been in touch with DPD and the phone would not be delivered to me but sent back to Virgin. I then in my stupidity went on the online complaints form and even that’s of no use with drop down menus that have no relevance to my complaint. So Virgin take note I’ve had enough!!

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Jessyellen,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here, I'm really sorry to hear of your experience but glad to hear that Sasha could get this sorted for you after all the issues that you've had.

The experience described is far from the service that we should be providing you, I would be happy to raise a complaint on your behalf, if that's something that you would like me to do.

Please let me know.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Jessyellen
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes do that not that I think it will do any good there seem to be other customers that have experienced the same problem!

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply @Jessyellen

I will raise a complaint for you about your experience with this issue, I will need for you to pass account security and we can raise this, I will send over a private message, so that I can get this raised for you.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos