cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof Of Purchase

JamieBush
Joining in

Good Morning, 

I called last night and asked for an PDF to be emailed in order for me to claim my insurance for my stolen mobile. Specifically stated what I needed to have in it, they never sent any PDF and some of the key points are marked as "N/A" in the body of the email. The insurance company will not accept this. 

I need you guys to either email them directly or send me a PDF with ALL of the following info;

1. My name and address
2. Make and model of the device
3. Serial number (IMEI number if a mobile phone)
4. Date of purchase
5. Date of first usage
6. Date of last usage
7. Date and time of barring/ Blacklisting (theft/loss claims only) (I black listed this through you guys on Monday)

Their email address is: [MOD EDIT: Sensitive info].

Hope you can help, 

Jamie Bush.

8 REPLIES 8

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Jamie

Sorry to hear you're still awaiting the Proof Of Purchase for your mobile, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

We should be able to provide details for the majority of the information  but usage we can only provide for the SIM card as we have no way to track which device it was in at the time and is the the only usage information we have. Obviously, the handset would also need to have been purchased from us to provide those details also.

Your insurance company should be aware of the information we can provide.

Rob

Hey Rob, 

Just to clarify. You guys sent me an email with some of the information and not all. No PDF attachment. The insurance company are not accepting emails I forward from you or images.

The device is a monthly contract with you guys as is the SIM. I've already blacklisted it but they need that writing too (again the email I have is not good enough for them).

I only have so many days to get this over to them so would it be possible to get this information emailed as an official PDF document from you guys to me ASAP?

I'm happy to help with this Jamie but we wouldn't be able to provide it as a PDF, only in email format so what you have should be fine. Not heard of an insurance company wanting details or information in PDF format either.

Rob

This is where I'm stuck in a bit of a predicament. This is the email they sent me after I provided as much info as I could. 

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing with regards to your recent claim. Before we can proceed, it is a requirement of your policy terms and conditions that you provide proof of usage for your device. This is evidence that the device has been in use since the policy inception. For mobile phones this can be obtained from your Network provider.

If you intend to request the information from your Network Provider, please request they email us directly with the following details:

1. Your name and address
2. Make and model of the device
3. Serial number (IMEI number if a mobile phone)
4. Date of purchase
5. Date of first usage
6. Date of last usage
7. Date and time of barring/ Blacklisting (theft/loss claims only)

IMPORTANT: Please note that forwarded emails or editable documents would not be accepted unless it’s directly from the service provider or retailer.

Should you have any queries in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us or reply to this email.

Kind Regards,

Davies Group

So not sure what I else I can do other than get you guys to email it directly to them. 

Thanks,

Jamie. 

We aren't able to email your details directly to a third party Jamie, I understand the predicament and the frustration but we only record usage via the SIM card not the handset, they should be aware of this. Did they advise which parts were unacceptable in the original email?

Rob

They did not specify sadly. 

I've emailed all the relevant info I have. Will see how it goes from here. 

They've emailed the following this morning.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please request an itemised bill form virgin and send this over to us as a PDF file

I'm unable to access my Virgin Mobile account online to get any billing info, the emails I get are not sufficient. 

Hi @JamieBush thanks for your reply, no problem.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W