Menu
mjesq
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Possible Account Scam

I have had a Virgin SIM card, which I've not used for over a year or more, so the SIM is now inactive This August I had an email from Virgin Mobile saying that I owed £21. On looking through my emails, found a June bill for £21 and a July bill for £28. I've subsequently had a bill for £35. I tried to get into my account, but the password didn't work. I tried to get through security, but my secret code word didn't work - I know what it was from the hint, and know the answer, but someone has gone and changed it so that I can't go through security and discuss the problem with a Virgin operative. So it left me with one option. I wrote to Virgin Mobile at their Sunderland SR43 4AA address, sending it as 2nd class signed for, asking for proof of the contract I am supposed to have signed, and for terms and conditions in existence when I first took the SIM card out. I gave then 30 days to respond. Tracking didn't show the letter as being delivered. However, just as 30 expired, I got a letter, basically telling me that I had 5 days to respond or pay up or they would send a debt collection agency round. So I wrote another letter, 1st class special delivery this time, pointing out they had not responded appropriately to my first letter and that they should desist with the debt collection agency. It arrived Thursday morning in Tyneside MC at 4:53am and was signed for by P, who has a hieroglyphics type signature at 5:14am, also in the Tyneside MC. I class this as suspicious.

Today, less than the 5 days they gave me, I heard from the Debt Collection agency - Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limit. Scan then on the internet and you will find that they operate a sophisticated scam to try and extract money from victims.

Is there any body out there who can help me, please ? Thanks

0 Kudos
jdp2020
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible Account Scam

Not sure I can help but something similar is happening with me at the moment.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Possible Account Scam

Hello mjesq

Sorry to hear this has happened 

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos