Menu
stevef
Superfast
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Paying final bill after leaving

I've  recieved an email final bill for 0.82p for my virgin mobile I left last month, the email helpfully suggests i pay it by logging into myaccount or dialing 789 and pressing 5 to use the automated payment system. Neither of these options work, myaccount login still works but all details have been removed. 789 only works from a virgin phone. I know you can dial 0345 6000 789 from any phone but that doesn't have an option 5. How do I pay the 0.82p? which I'm surprised you asked for as the phone didnt work 95% of the time for the last month i was with virgin following the purple sim fiasco.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Paying final bill after leaving

Hi stevef 

Thanks for contacting us today. 

We will send you a private message

Kind regards 

Chris. 

stevef
Superfast
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Who would have thought it was so difficult to pay a company
0 Kudos
stevef
Superfast
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Kudos to Chris_w1 for finally resolving the issue, thank you Chris
0 Kudos
bartman11
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well it's 2020 and they still haven't fixed this. I thought it might be due to difficulty over call centres due to Covid 19, but now I discover it was known all along.

I terminated my sim only account, which unfortunately took one day longer than I estimated so I received a bill for 20p. I jumped through all the hoops the OP had to, and achieved nothing. The endless loop of being referred back to a useless web link was frustrating in the extreme, it was impossible to speak to a human being, and so I was reduced to using the live text. It was hopeless, they were unable to do anything. All I wanted to do was pay the money. In the end I sent a message saying they could take me to court for it and see what publicity they got for that.

Now today I get another demand by post from the Customer Services Director, Karen Walker, for the 20p. It tells me to call 03450771199 to make a payment. Surprise surprise, all I get is a recorded message telling me to press 1 to send a link to my phone for their useless web page. What an incompetant outfit.

Apparently there was a solution to the OP's problem, but it's a secret dealt with by PM. Can I be let in on the secret?

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear of the complications with the final bill Bartman11 but welcome to our community.

We'll pop you over a private message for you now, we can't take payments over the forums but we'll be happy to take a look as if it's to the amount of 20p and we can see you've made attempts to pay we'll be able to credit this for you to avoid further inconvenience for you. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
miraten
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris, I have the same problem. Can you contact me with guidance please? I've been trying to find a way to pay the last bill for the last 3 week!
0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Miraten. 

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your final bill. If you've left the Direct Debit active it will collect once the final bill has been produced. If you have cancelled the Direct Debit you can see the ways that you are able to make payment here. The quickest way would be to log in to your My VM account to pay there. 

Please let us know if this helps or if you need further help. 

Thanks, 

Hollie_B

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos