cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parked order

Apriliaman81
Joining in

Hi there, I have recently placed an order for a new mobile handset on the phone with one of your upgrades team. I have been a customer with you for 10 years. As per lots of other people, the credit checked passed no problem but now the order has been “parked” for the last 5 days. I have called every day and been told that the outbound back office team would contact me within 24 hours to manually sort my order out. This has not happened. I’ve called back every 24 hours and keep being told the order is still flagged for fraud and I will be contacted. Having read multiple people who have had exactly the same problem ongoing for weeks and weeks, I’m not really expecting this to get sorted. It’s very frustrating and tbh I’m now considering moving myself, my partner and our 2 children’s numbers to another provider. Come on virgin you can do better. 

5 REPLIES 5

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Apriliaman81 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've been waiting for a prolonged period of time for your upgrade to be processed. In most cases, our team call you within 48 hours of an order being parked and this can be for various reasons, such as additional security checks that we need to perform under regulations.

I've taken a look and can see that you've recently spoken with our team regarding this. Please be aware that the team who handles these outbound calls are closed on the weekends, so please do let us know if you haven't received a phone call on Monday, and we'll do our best to assist further.

Thanks, 

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece.  I’ve got absolutely nowhere with this. Haven’t had a call back for the 5th day now (not including the weekend). I went and looked at the other forum threads and the reviews of Virgin mobile online and I’m pretty shocked tbh. It seems like no one ever gets this resolved even after weeks of being promised a call by the back office team or the resolution team. At this point, I’ve now had a hard credit search performed which affects my credit score and no phone. I passed your credit check easily, this just is appalling. I have 4 accounts for me, my partner and our children. I called yesterday and all your team wanted to talk to me about was the planned migration to o2. Ironically I left o2 to join virgin mobile over a decade ago because o2 were just so bad. This seems like a sign of things to come. 

Anyway, what exactly am I supposed to do now, other than just calling it a day and moving my contracts to another provider?

Hi Apriliaman81, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and apologies to hear you've not heard anything from the team yet. 

We understand it's frustrating when something isn't right however the teams will contact you as soon as they have an update. Some checks do take longer to complete but we do have to complete then before we can proceed. 

Apologies once again for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Still nothing. I’ve spoken to your teams every day and my order is still parked, still zero contact from the “back office” team. The worst bit really is that because you’ve put my account into this status, I can’t even get my pac code to leave and go elsewhere. It’s pretty disappointing behaviour to be held hostage simply because your system isn’t t fit for purpose. 

We truly apologise for this ongoing parked order issue @Apriliaman81 

To take a further look into this, I have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs