cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parked order

Mark_1231
Joining in

Hi, I've been a customer since the Telewest/ Blueyonder days. I ordered a phone upgrade over the phone during the Black Friday period and was told that was it was due Saturday 17th December. Checking on Saturday I discovered that the order was cancelled. Apparently I missed a phone call for a security check. No one had rung my mobile number. I reordered over the phone, and as before, passed the credit check and confirmed the order documents that day. I was told the order would arrive on Monday 19th but it didn't. The order has been parked since Saturday. I keep being told that someone will ring me shortly but no one does.How long should this process take?
Thanks,
Mark

5 REPLIES 5

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mark, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community.

Apologies to see that your order has been parked. Usually this means we need to double check a few things with you before we can accept the order. It could just be as simple as confirming payment details so try not to worry. It doesn't mean that the order hasn't been accepted. 

The team will be in contact with you however if you need to speak to someone asap then give them a call on 0345 600 0789 for them to check things for you. 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm totally OK about someone contacting me to double check something on the day of the order. But it's four days now and I don't feel that that is OK. I've rung the 0345 number every day to be told that someone will contact me shortly. No one does. I initially ordered the phone on December 4th and I'm still waiting for a phone call.

Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

The time it takes all depends on what sort of further checks are needed. There isn't a way to expedite things I'm afraid. 

If the team have been unable to give you any update as of yet, it means checks are still ongoing. 

Apologies for the delay.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Sorted. The issue was that when I spoke to 0345 the email address they said that I was using was wrong by one character. I corrected it and apparently that raised a red flag for security. I got a call last night and it was sorted in a couple of minutes.
There must be an enormous backlog for that to have taken four days to sort. Better communication, or indeed some communication, would have saved a lot of the frustration over this order.
Order is due today.

Thanks,
Mark 

Hi Mark, 

Thanks for coming back and updating us. 

We're really glad things are resolved for you now and the order is being sorted.

We always take on board the feedback given in the posts we receive so we can collect the information and use it to learn more about the areas we need to improve. We'll be sure to pass this on 🙂 

Thanks again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team