Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Parked order

I’m a new customer and have placed an order today for a pay monthly phone - I was told by an agent on live chat that it would take 24 hours but now my order has come through as ‘parked’ and after using the text message service I’ve been told it’s not even going to be looked at until at least 3-5days!?

As a new customer this isn’t great and just wondering if anyone has had any success speeding up this process 😞

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Parked order

There have been a few of these parked order issues, I am not sure if they are all the same, but in my experience it turned out that although a credit rating may be good enough for the more expensive Sim card financial agreement, that same credit score may not good enough for the seperate yet usually cheaper mobile phone credit agreement?

If both are via seperate finacial company agreements I do not know why, and why this information that retailers will tell within seconds at the till is not conveyed at point of order is simply bad buisiness practise.

As such if anyone places an order, I would suggest they keep a close eye on their mobile accounts orders tab, and if a parked notice appears phone the number in that notice as it could be days before Virgin reply.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Luarenrose, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry your order has been parked, I can appreciate you're keen to know why. 

When an order is parked we would aim to contact you within 48 hours to get things sorted, as this hasn't happened I can help from there. 

I need to pop you a message though and take some details first 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for helping! I've sent all the details over 🙂
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've replied now, sorry for the delay. 

If you have any other questions do let us know 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Morning Laurenrose, 

Thanks for letting me know you've now received all the emails and agreement for the contract. 

I'm sure the phone will be with you very shortly and I hope you enjoy it. 

Pop us a post if you need anything else 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi. 
my orders been parked for 3 days any chance you can help? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Liamlordan,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums. Sorry to hear that your order has been parked. Parked orders can occur if the details on the order do not match the details that already exists in the system. This can occur if the order was meant to be a gift or delivered to an alternative address. These may require additional checks and could add extra days to processing your order. hope this helps.

If not, there are a few things we can do from within the community forums, we can confirm why it's parked or cancel the park however we are unable to complete sales transactions (credit checks, take payments etc). This would still require going through the correct channels by phone.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos