Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Parked Order - Poor communications

Is someone within the Virgin Media Sales Leadership team able to focus their energy on the Parked Orders customers are experiencing, there are a number of posts on this community relating to the matter and I am myself experiencing a total communications blackout since ordering a phone and 24 month contract with Virgin Mobile since the 11th June. 

As a new customer, it makes you think about whether Virgin Mobile is the right company to switch to. 

If you [Virgin Media] are experiencing a shortage of staff or backlog of parked orders to process, then don't just ignore it, manage it!. Even if it involves the managers rolling up their sleeves. 

I'll give you until the 15th June, otherwise I'll cancel and walk to another provider. 

If you can't cope with new orders, then stop taking them. 

Huw

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Parked Order - Poor communications

Hello Huwdavies76

Sorry to hear that you're still awaiting an update on your recent order for Virgin Mobile, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forum and welcome to the community.

An order may be parked for a number of reasons, this may be due to more information being required to complete either a credit check or identity check.

When did you last speak to the team in regards to this? When an order is parked, it's is an automated process not manual. They go into a holding queue to be worked as quickly as possible. We usually advise this is within 5 working days but given the current situation may be a little longer.

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Rob. 

I understand the potential reasons for wishing to review an order associated with a credit agreement, it's just that a number of posts on this community board indicate that there are instances that VM just aren't responded within 5 working days, but that it can roll on for days and weeks. (Accepting the current COVID-19 issues, majority of Telcos have responded well and adapted their infrastructure to maintain services, We are now in month 4 which has given VM 16 weeks to get its act together). 

It appears to be a process issue internally within Virgin Mobile, but its impact on customers is significant; I'm personally on the verge of going with another supplier. 'soon' isn't a measurable target.

The email that customers receive (below) gives no indication of the time frame, it is reasonable that a customer would expect an update within hours, at max 24-48hrs. In terms of working days. Virgin Mobile Sales is a 7 day-a-week, 364-day business, therefore I presume working day includes weekends. Ta Huw. 

Hello Huw, 

Order ID:[REMOVED FOR THIS POST] 
Date:Thursday 11th June, 2020  

There's only a few more checks between you and the good stuff. You'll find out soon if your order's confirmed when you get an email or call from us. 

Kind regards,  

The Virgin Media team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We appreciate it's frustrating Huw, when did you last speak to the team in regards to this? How was the order placed? Was it over the phone or online?

If the order was placed on the 11th June which was last Thursday, the 5 working day timescale would take us up until Thursday of this week by which time this should be resolved. 

Keep us up to date with this.

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I still haven't had an update from Sales regarding my parked order. This is the 14th Day of waiting for a outcome for the order. So frustrating and unacceptable. 

I dunno what to do. Can't phone anyone who knows how to help, I have written a letter to the Sunderland Offices to see if that helps. I cannot believe I am resorting to writing a letter by post to a mobile communications company. 

Ta

Huw 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Personally, your best bet is to cut your losses with VM, go somewhere else.

Had this problem a couple of years ago, refused credit for a phone/sim package.

Yet I have a 990 credit rating with experian, (who said that no credit check had been made from anywhere, despite VM saying they were waiting for a credit report) so I decided to go elsewhere...O2 shop near me, went in, 15 minutes later, phone and sim contract, done there and then over the phone, told 'your credit rating is excellent, happy to have you on board' and walked out with the phone......having previously spent 2 weeks waiting for VM, them being led round in circles by their 'credit team' (who having declined the credit, refused to tell me why!)

PS, the reason they don't make it easy to communicate with them is basically because they don't want you to...the more difficult it is to communicate with them, the less likely you are to be able to, and so will just 'give up'  EVERY OTHER service provider gives you the options to connect with them easily, swiftly using the TECHNOLOGY they are selling, (except VM, of course, who, are still in the age of the 'carrier pigeon' )

0 Kudos