Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Parked Order AGAIN

Looking for a bit of advice; and possible help. 

I preordered the new iPhone 11 pro max via virgin mobile yesterday (19/09). During applying online it took me through the usual name, address, etc then said ‘performing credit check’ after a few seconds proceeded to delivery details stating delivery date was (21/09) and then direct debit details etc. This would lead me to believe that order was accepted and I would be receiving my new phone Saturday 21st. Yes? 

I then received 4 emails from virgin - welcome to your account, please confirm your log in address, your marketing preferences are updated and next steps for your order. The next steps for your order email stated someone would be in touch about my order and if I had any questions to phone the number provided. I logged onto my online account and I noticed my order was ‘parked’. 

So this morning this is what I done I phoned and after an 18 minute phone call of looping round menus I FINALLY get to speak to someone, this customer service advisor tells me they cannot find anyone with my name, address, email, order ID or mobile number in the system. Now this is baffling as I have virgin tv and broadband for a matter of months so I am confused - how can they not find me on any system? I am told they will refer this higher and someone will be in contact within 2 hours. Now my question was what is parked and what can I do to get it unparked? So to speak lol. The fact the girl on the phone could not tell me what ‘parked’ meant. 2 hours came and went, no phone call. 

I, then, took to the website for some more information and found the text line. What a palava that became?! My first text explained the parked status and if it could be explained what this meant. I was asked my account details - name and address, then mobile number, then order id. Surprise surprise! Can’t find me? 

‘Parked order. It is where you have ordered a phone and it's not been delivered for some reason. 

We cannot arrange a callback here in messaging service. 789 is free to call so you can raise your concern to them.’ 

REPEATEDLY I was sent this message by the text messaging service. How can i phone 789 when I am not yet a virgin media customer? I am disgusted with the service and the way I have been treated today. Considering I have continually said how well the tv and broadband went in and I have never had an issue. I have literally 2 days ago ended 2 mobile contracts paid off with EE costing £150 collectively a month and now I am a student the deal virgin offered me was too good to true - clearly! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Parked Order AGAIN

Hi Chanice01,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

A parked order is where we're needing to carry out further checks to determine your eligibility for a phone with us. This can take upto 3 working days for the team to do and they'll then contact you.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, 

thanks for replying so quickly to my message, and clearly up what ‘parked’ means. 

My questions now are - 1. Why does the ordering system perform credit check as if you are accepted and give delivery date? 

2. Why was I told 24 hours and then by a customer service agent 2 hours for a ring back if this is not the case? 

3. (This is a worrying one) Why am I completely undetectable on several systems even though I have TV and Broadband services with virgin? 

I look forward to your reply 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me;

My understanding is that you'd have to go through a credit check in any case, and should give you the delivery dates based on you passing this.

I am not sure why you've been told 24, however it could be in some cases. The 72 hours is a max timescale we advise. 

The third point, that does baffle me, and there are several ways of finding an account. I have been able to locate the account in the back office system so fear not 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you John for answering my questions so quickly and efficiently. If only all points of contact with the service were like this.

ill wait out the 72 hours, thanks again for your help! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You're more than welcome, please let me know the outcome of this or if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi john, 

Guess what? 3 working days have passed, and still no communication and still a parked order! Called up, no idea where my order is, live chat tells me to call up, going round in circles here. 

Anyway been accepted with Sky mobile will receive my new phone in the next 2 weeks and only £47 a month too, sadly wanted to keep everything (tv, broadband, mobile) with virgin as easier to manage but this is too much hassle. Do you know how I go about cancelling an order than can’t be found? 

Thanks for your help! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Chanice01

We will need to look at this further for you, I will pop you over a private message, click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Thanks Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Don’t think it’s sent 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chanice01

I did send the private message over to you about 45 minutes ago? I'm not to sure why you have not received this. I will re-send this again for you.

Thanks Jodi.

0 Kudos