cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parental controls still active when switched off

Joshymcd
Joining in

Hi.

I've been noticed that recently I can not visit certain websites such as reddit and any adult sites. (through a browser it give a ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR message).

I have never turned on parental controls and the sites not working are the sites blocked by virgin mobiles parental controls.

And going to my account settings and switch parental controls on then off doesn't fix it.

And using a vpn let's me visit these sites.

Anyone experienced anything similar or can help? 

29 REPLIES 29

Can you confirm if you've tried a different browser please? 

What sites are you having the issue on?

Are you able to send a screenshot?

Alex_Rm

I've tried Google and Samsung browser and it won't allow me to screen shot due to privacy policy 

Thanks for confirming MH_2015 🙂

So I can get a few more details from you I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

NeoKyba
Joining in

Hi All,

I have same issue as OP - is there anything that can be done?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for your post @NeoKyba, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear you're also being effected by this issue.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks for working with me via our private messaging function @NeoKyba and I'm pleased we were able to get this resolved for you.

Do feel free to come back to our Community Forums, if you require any further assistance any service issues.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

I am having the same issue, too! Could i please get some help?

Hi @Kcheswick87 👋 Thank you for your post 😀

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing the same issue 😔

Is child safe definitely switched off when you access your My Virgin Media account? If so, can you please confirm if you've tried a different browser?

Regards,
Daniel

Yes, it’s turned off. I’ve tried other browsers, too- chrome and safari. If I use mobile data, I don’t have the issue- it’s only when I use the wifi

Hi @Kcheswick87, thank you for your response.

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel