cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parental controls still active when switched off

Joshymcd
Joining in

Hi.

I've been noticed that recently I can not visit certain websites such as reddit and any adult sites. (through a browser it give a ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR message).

I have never turned on parental controls and the sites not working are the sites blocked by virgin mobiles parental controls.

And going to my account settings and switch parental controls on then off doesn't fix it.

And using a vpn let's me visit these sites.

Anyone experienced anything similar or can help? 

29 REPLIES 29

Morning eylprice

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the content control. From the system check done, this has been removed for you so you should now be able to access sites no issues.

Let us know if you're still having issues with it and we'll be more than happy to help

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

MH_2015
Joining in

Hi, 

I'm also having this issue, I've turned them off and on again and still not working.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MH_2015,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your services at the moment.

After checking our systems, your settings are showing that Parental Controls are inactive. Please reboot your mobile phone and let us know how you get on.

Are you having issues accessing certain websites from your mobile data or through WiFi?

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

I've done that as well. 

Due to the area I live I don't have WiFi in my home so I rely on mobile data.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MH_2015,

Thank you for confirming. Have you tried turning your data off and back on again?

Is it multiple websites that you're unable to access at the moment, or just specific ones?

Thanks.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

I have yeah, and it's multiple sites

Thanks MH_2015,

So, just to confirm, this is just an issue over mobile data?

Alex_Rm

Hi, 

Yes it is

Thanks,

Can you let me know what kind of error messages you're getting?

Alex_Rm

It comes up with either child safety blockers are active or cannot provide a secure connection