cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC Code transfer issue - no inbound calls or SMS for 8 days

chunkylinc
Joining in

Hi,

I have a new monthly contact with virgin and have recently used a PAC code to port my number from O2.

This was supposed to be complete on Monday 12th December. However, on Monday 12th only data and outbound services (calls and SMS) switched - nothing inbound switched and I've been without inbound calls and SMS since (not great when most banking uses two factor auth and sends you a code via SMS - which I cant receive (nb: also cant change my number to my partners because that also requires a code to be entered which is sent via SMS).

Several calls to a less than optimal call centre only to be told today that an "external partner" has been involved and it would take two weeks to resolve(?!)

Not having inbound calls and SMS for two weeks isnt really a viable option, I suggested sending out a new sim (told that wasn't possible because they have an open ticket on the account).

Asked for a PAC code so I can take my no and go elsewhere (which I don't want to do - but now have little choice) and told that's not possible with an open ticket on the account).

I've tried turning the phone on/off, tried re-setting network settings, tried removing the sim (multiple times a day x 7 days) and nothing is working, does anyone have any guidance or answers for this or the ability to escalate?

1 REPLY 1

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @chunkylinc, welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you are having issues with your inbound service after porting in your number. I can certainly understand the frustration with this.

I will be happy to take a look at this for you to see what can be done to help. So I can do this, I will send you a PM to confirm you details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules