cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overview Button to change direct debit??? Where is it?

Emsiejayne
On our wavelength

virgin first screen.pngNope, nowhere to be seen this 'Overview' Button, days later still trying to change my Direct Debit detailsNope, nowhere to be seen this 'Overview' Button, days later still trying to change my Direct Debit details

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Emsiejayne wrote:

virgin first screen.pngNope, nowhere to be seen this 'Overview' Button, days later still trying to change my Direct Debit detailsNope, nowhere to be seen this 'Overview' Button, days later still trying to change my Direct Debit details

Just to point this out, this page isn't the full My Virgin Media site, it's part of the help site so doesn't include all of the options. You pick the option to 'View in My Virgin Media' and go to My Virgin Media > My Bills to get the DD change option as shown here:

dd change.png

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Emsiejayne, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to see that you are having trouble updating your direct debit details and the help given already has not sorted things for you. 

Depending on the account status, the option to change the Direct Debit may not be available. I can check this for you however will need to confirm some information with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Emsiejayne
On our wavelength

Hi Kath,

Because I did not set up the direct debt in time, ( I was told I would have to wait 10 days after 29th and then forgot)  my bill is now just 4 days overdue and I've been charged 7.50. £7.50 for just 4 days overdue!  This is unfair because my phone line has been down so much in the past, for which they have a record of and I never did get any automatic compensation for a list of nine reports!  Please can I have this returned to me?!   I have now paid my bill up to date and have set up a direct debit over the phone. How do I check this is set up as I do not trust Virgin at all, given my history with them and all my complaint letters.

Hi @Emsiejayne,

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Did you reply to Kath's PM on 28th June where she asked for some further details so that the direct debit could be set up again for you? I am unable to see you responded to this.

In regards to you being charged a late payment fee because you did not set up the direct debit in time, unfortunately as there has been no error on our side we would not be able to refund this. It will have been a valid charge. 

You would be eligible for automatic credits under our Auto Compensation Scheme if you had a total loss of service for 2 full days and providing you registered the loss with us. 

If you wish to view your bill and your direct debit details, please log into your My Virgin Media account > My Bills > Overview 

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Yep there we are, it was 2 days at a time, look at my file, or does it not go into detail, that's convenient.  Even if it was 9 whole days, it's still a massive inconvenience if you cannot use the phone.  Why is it that, there is nothing wrong with that as far as you're concerned but a late payment of 4 days warrants a £7.50, pretty one sided but that's Virgin for you.  I did most of the work by chasing engineers around my streets, trying to sort out the problem to get it fixed, ridiculous!

I have taken a look into this and can see your account was assessed for our Automatic Compensation Scheme and did not result in liability for total loss of service credit. 

I can also see you spoke to one of my colleagues over the phone today who also discussed the billing issue with you and advise the late payment fee is valid because your last bill was not paid on time. 

Once again, we do apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Emsiejayne
On our wavelength

If a phone line is down all day, every other day for an entire year, no compensation would be given for a 50% service according to your 2 day rule.  This seems to be acceptable by Virgin Media.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Emsiejayne wrote:

Just to point this out, this page isn't the full My Virgin Media site, it's part of the help site so doesn't include all of the options. You pick the option to 'View in My Virgin Media' and go to My Virgin Media > My Bills to get the DD change option as shown here:

dd change.png

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own