Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Overcharged on my account that's been terminated

This has been going on ever since last December. I had been paying for my two sons phones and the contract was approaching its end date. I couldn't find a deal for two IPhone 11s that was suffice for the amount of money I wanted to pay so I ended up going to another company. 

The two phone contracts have ended, I have this as a written letter to prove this. So why am I still being charged for a contract that had ended a few months ago? I'm not going to ring anymore because I waste tome waiting and explaining a story that I have told many times over. I just want to completely terminate both contracts that are finished! And never be charged again because I'm so tired of doing the same thing over again. Can anyone help me do this? 

Regards 

David 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overcharged on my account that's been terminated

contact your bank and invoke the DD guarantee scheme - they should refund any money paid wrongly - you can further stop the DD at the bank - the risk there is that if VM try to take more money and it fails they will put it out for collection and put a black mark on your credit file even though you dont actually owe them anything

wait here for staff who may be able to help but i suspect they will tell you to ring which would seem pointless as you have tried that

you can raise a complaint - not sure how effective that is there are too many posts on here where people comment/complain nothing gets done

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overcharged on a account that's terminated

HI dave_bennett97,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community,

My apologies for frustration caused by this. 

Our iPhone 11's on are a Free Style contract and so you would be separately for the handset and the sim card. Once the handsets are paid up there would be no more payments taken for handsets. 

With the SIM card as these are on a 30 day rolling contract and so this would continue on taking payment until we're contacted by the account holder and provided with 30 days notice to cancel the sim cards. 

Can you confirm have you contacted the Retention's team to provide the 30 days notice? 

^Martin

0 Kudos