cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering new SIM card

snoman
On our wavelength

I have the same problem - service disconnected through infrequent use, despite having £9 credit.

It would have been helpful to have had prior warning of this termination.  Will my unused credit be refunded?

I have two other payg phones and presumably these will go the same way.

I have had to resort to this forum to find out what's happening, as I was getting nowhere trying to communicate with the Virgin robot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi snoman, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you've had this issue with your mobile number.

As far as I understand it's always been in the terms & conditions that a mobile number needs to be used from time to time to remain active that's not a recent change, however from January 2022 it has been decided VM won't offer Pay As You Go services, so if you'd like to keep your mobile numbers with us you would need to take out a Pay-Monthly SIM deal before then. 

In some cases we are able to provide refunds for remaining credit - if you get back to me via PM I'll do all I can to help.

Tom  

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi snoman, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you've had this issue with your mobile number.

As far as I understand it's always been in the terms & conditions that a mobile number needs to be used from time to time to remain active that's not a recent change, however from January 2022 it has been decided VM won't offer Pay As You Go services, so if you'd like to keep your mobile numbers with us you would need to take out a Pay-Monthly SIM deal before then. 

In some cases we are able to provide refunds for remaining credit - if you get back to me via PM I'll do all I can to help.

Tom  

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

@snoman possibly you have PM's disabled as I'm not able to send you a message? Please let us know when you've re-enabled them so we can confirm the details & try to help further.

Tom

snoman
On our wavelength

Thank you, Tom.

I have now enabled PM.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Snoman, 

Thank you, I will pop you over a PM and we can get a new SIM ordered.

Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Snoman, thank you for messaging me. 

I have ordered your SIM and it will be with you soon.

Here is how you can activate your SIM when it arrives

Any issues or questions pop back and we can further assist 😄 

Zoie

Robynwood
Joining in

Hi,

I can't seem to get hold of anyone regarding my misplaced sim card I got for my daughter.

I need a new one sent out asap can someone help or point me in the right direction? 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Robynwood

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with getting hold of someone to have a replacement sim sent out. 

I will pop you over a PM so that I can get some account information.

Kind regards,

Zak_M