Menu
punkah
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Oomph mobile not part of package in account view

Hi,

I've purchased an Oomph package with broadband, phone and a sim card, I have verified with support that the sim card is working and is an Oomph card, but it doesn't show up in my account:punkah_1-1603728348014.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Oomph mobile not part of package in account view

Hi punkah, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the online account and that you are unable to see the sim side of things. Can you confirm if you have registered the sim for the Mobile account? When you sign in it will give you the option to set up a Media or Mobile account. We would ask that you set up the Mobile account side of things and you should be able to see all of your allowances. Chris 

0 Kudos
Derwentmailman
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just signed up yesterday and like the OP, I am not seeing the VM Sim package that I ordered as part of the bundle. 

Bundle Ordered.jpg

I have accessed my Virgin account and can see the order on the system.

NoSIM.jpg

with SIM marked as 'Add SIM to my package'.  Why have it on if you need to access another login site?

As I have not yet received the SIM in the post and probably won't for a few days,  I now assume from the previous post that I have to create another login account just for Mobile in addition to the Broadband,TV and Phone (that I now access).  But of course seeing as I have not received the SIM,  I  cannot yet register but will try again when I get it.  Is this the way to do it as I have described?

I have given the PAC code in for my present phone number (on a different provider) but presume I would use the Virgin mobile number that comes with the SIM (to be delivered).  What happens to the mobile login when my old mobile is ported to the virgin mobile SIM?  Presumably I only need to use the intial number given to me by Virgin during initial registration but not thereafter?  Please advise.

BTW when would the old number be ported to the new Virgin SIM I am about to receive?  Should I expect to receive it quickly in the post?

Apologies if these are facile Q's but for newbies, setting up a mobile account was probably buried deep and I never saw any requirement to do it.  I mistakenly thought 1 login would give me access to all the services I am contracted to pay for.  

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Derwentmailman

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Once the SIM arrives and you register your mobile number via the Virgin Mobile website, you'll be able to see all of the SIM details inside your account.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Derwentmailman
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

(1)  When you say "register your mobile number" would I be correct to assume it won't be the number I wish to transfer from my old SIM (the PAC details were put on the initial package order form)?

(2) If answer to (1) is No, then when would my old number be ported over to the virgin SIM?  Does this require a phone call or is this done automatically as I have given details of old number and PAC?

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Derwentmailman

The porting can be done once you have activated the new Sim 

So it will go from your current one to the new one if that makes sense 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Derwentmailman
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tes that makes sense - I take it I need to ring up Virgin themselves to port the number.  Just the ordinary number or is there a particular one I need to be using?

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you pop back to us we can process the port in for you. 

^Martin

0 Kudos