Menu
TALON1973
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oomph customer - but can’t get a handset only deal ????

I’m an ultimate oomph customer. I phoned yesterday to get a handset only deal . Passed the credit check , but was told I was refused the “loan”.  But then got told I can have a “classic” deal … which involves a data package…….WTH ???

im paying £91 a month and get a sim included…. I don’t need a data package. And why can I have one sort of deal and not the other ??

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Oomph customer - but can’t get a handset only deal ????

Hi @TALON1973

Thank you for your post regarding the handset deal on our Ultimate Oomph package.

I am so sorry to hear that you were unable to get the handset deal, I understand how frustrating this must be for you.

May I ask which handset you wanted? The credit check will also involve an internal score  and this dictates what handset a customer can have. Therefore, even when you pass the credit check - the latest iPhone or Samsung Galaxy may not be available to you.

Apologies for any disappointment caused,

Serena

0 Kudos
TALON1973
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

.@Serena_C 

it was a Samsung s20 FE 5G with a Samsung TAB A7 tablet n 3 year payment @ £24 per month.

Considering I’m paying £91 for the oomph I’m surprised virgin didn’t allow it. 

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Talon1973

From what you have advised it may be that the internal check (similar to the credit check) has given you a certain score or rating. It may be that although the credit check has passed the internal score wasn't high enough for the handset and deal requested.

This may be due a number of reason but could be if you're new to Virgin Media or Virgin mobile, this will increase over time so may be worth looking into this in the future, usually six months or so.

Rob

0 Kudos
TALON1973
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

.@Robert_P

By that time you’d have lost a potential customer.  My Vodafone contract ( which I pay £37 a month )  is up in November. So I’ll be probably negotiating a new contract. 

im also paying my mums BT mobile contract @ £25 a month. While technically this isn’t a traditional mobile deal ( it’s a handset deal ) , it’s the first time I’ve ever been turned down for one.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I understand that Talon1973, it isn't being turned down due to the credit check it's just the internal score which is based on a number of factors including time with us and payment history. If you're a new customer these won't be high, that isn't to say you won't pay or there will be any issues which is why these can build up over time.

Rob

0 Kudos