cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtain Mobile Phone Full Bill & Call Details History

Rebe
Tuning in

Hi,

I'd like to obtain some historical mobile phone billing/call details from Virgin (i.e. older than the 12 months made available online).   How do I do this please? 

I need summary bill information and detailed, itemised calling details - preferably in soft copy.  Not seeing anything on Virgin website of how to do this. 

7 REPLIES 7

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Rebe,

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your mobile billing query.

We want to best understand and to help. Just to confirm are you needing this information for VAT related reasons? If so, is it VAT receipts you need instead? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua,

No, I don't need Vat receipts. I want my bills and full itemised call details. Need this from Jan 2019  to Jan 2021 inclusive please. Can you please provide or give detail on how these should be routinely requested. No details on website. Please don't tell me to phone Virgin...its been intolerable waiting for hours on phone for other matters.

I was hoping this would be an easy question for Virgin to help with. Surely you have an email address for an appropriate team that handle these requests for pfevious billing detail.

Hi @Rebe

Thanks for coming back to us. Can you advise is this for a media or mobile account? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

Thanks for picking up. As per title of my post 'obtain mobile phone full bill and call details' and further detail within my postings describing my need to obtain itemised call details, it is for a mobile phone account.

How about Virgin now answering my question. Its getting ridiculous that this is so difficult for Virgin to answer and provide info on.  

Thanks, I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Dear John, Ryan and rest of VM team,

After taking this offline into personal messages and after days of continuing to ask me to provide Virgin Media with personal data so you could 'assist' I am updating this thread for all to read and for all to see how hopeless Virgin Media has been in dealing with this most basic query.  I am DISGUSTED. What on earth was Virgin Media doing taking so much personal data from me that it DID NOT NEED IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM to answer this query and to finally give me a response of "look at your online account, we only hold 12 months".   Now a matter for your Data Commissioner and the ICO. Anyone else out there that has had Virgin Media take unnecessary data from them and has not been able to obtain previous bill information - you may like to try these steps.

1) submit a SAR (subject access request) to its Data Commissioner (every organisation has to legally appoint one) and request VM to provide you with all records (including bills and call details) that it holds for you with a from and to date - and this can be for more than the last 12 months.   Whilst VM may want to lead its customers into thinking that it is only obliged to retain phone records for 12 months IT IS NOT.  It may choose to only display bill/phone records online for 12 months but it will retain earlier information offline. IT HAS TO. 

2) Report Virgin media to the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) if it does not respond to your SAR and give you want is needed.  It is obliged to and the ICO can enforce that it does.

3) Report Virgin media to the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) if it has unnecessarily collected personal data from you that it did not need.  

And it continues to get even worse. What are you doing Virgin sending your customers around in circles?  Despite Virgin Media choosing to want to take my forum post query offline and into personal messaging (where it has kept it bouncing around now for weeks) and despite it sending me a PM that I responded to, it has now just sent out the following to me, again in PM but I am sharing here so you can all follow the trail of hopelessness:

Unsolicited Private Message

Hi,

You're receiving this message as you recently sent a private message to one of our staff members.

Although we love you to get in touch, could we please request you not send Private Messages to members of the Help and Support Team unless specifically requested, as we are unable to provide direct support in this manner.

If you have not already done so, could you please post a new thread in the Forums and we'll respond as soon as we can. In the meantime other members of the community may be able to provide assistance.

Kind regards,

Community Moderators