cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Priority APP doesn’t link with virgin media

AndrewT1
Tuning in

I’ve just signed up with the o2 priority tickets app and it’s not working properly. I’m hoping to get some tickets this morning at 9am presale. 

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but no joy.

I’ve read previous comments over the last few weeks stating that the app is frustrating and engineers are working on it etc etc 🤥  my suggestion is either have an app which works…or scrap the entire thing altogether ( unless 02 and Virgin media wish to get bad publicity and lose potential customers).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok I have my issue resolved.

I read an FAQ somewhere that said to click the forgot password link if having trouble signing in.  This leads you to effectively change your password via a link that you receive in an email.

From what I understand this means that the password change was required or by using the link sent to your email you effectively verify the email address.  Whatever the reason I was then able to sign in.

PS you have to actually ensure its logged out first either by clearing cookies or if you can see the option to log out then can use that.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

31 REPLIES 31

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AndrewT1,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to hear you have had some problems accessing the Priority by O2 app. Have you been able to access this since your post? Can you please advise:

- Which handset are you using?
- Which app version are you using?
- Which OS do you have installed (please include version)?
- Have you registered for a My Virgin Media account online and do you also have the My Virgin Media app installed? If you do, are you able to log in and view your account details (package etc) in the app? 

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi, I have the same issue, I thinks it's been like this for a couple of weeks now.  My Virgin Media account cannot log in to O2 priority and I. Sure I am not alone on this.  Don't think O2 are doing anything about it either.  

The issue I see is that I will enter the credentials and then get an error message, something like 'There is a problem and we have been notified'.  I am using the web interface to priority. Once you land in this error you cannot navigate anywhere so I have to clear cookies to get it to sign out.  I have tried plenty of times over the last couple of weeks and it's the same each time.

Hey VipT,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your

Can you please advise:

- Which handset are you using?
- Which app version are you using?
- Which OS do you have installed (please include version)?
- Have you registered for a My Virgin Media account online and do you also have the My Virgin Media app installed? If you do, are you able to log in and view your account details (package etc) in the app? 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

I am using an Android phone (Xiaomi Redmi Note 9T) and I am trying to sign in via the priority website using Chrome.  I have been logging in this way for quite a long time.  I have signed out quite often when I clean up the phone and never had any problems signing back in.  However a couple of weeks ago I could not sign in and the problem still persists.

I also use my Virgin media account to log into my Virgin media account via the website a f I don't have any issuesogging in on here.  The only issue is logging into O2 priority with the same credentials as virgin account.

Thanks 

Thank you for confirming, @VipT.

Just to confirm, are you using a VPN or any other 3rd party equipment as part of your connection? Is this also the same when using on a mobile connection?

Have you also been able to try clearing the cookies and cache on the device to see if this helps?

Let us know if this works, we will be happy to assist further if needed.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan thanks for your reply.

I have tried form various WiFi connections and also another device.  All with the same result.

To get sign out (IE stop seeing the error message) I have to clear the cookies so it wipes the credentials.  So in short, yes I have tried clearing cookies.

The fact I have tried via different WiFi networks and devices suggests that this is not an issue with my end but rather an error to do with the O2 system that verifies my Virgin media account.  I can provide my email address that is used for my Virgin Media account if that would help to check the status of it?

Thanks 

You're welcome, I just want to check also, are you also having the same issue logging into the Priority app?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Yep, via the app you get the 'Something has gone wrong error' and then skips back to login screen.

Thanks for confirming, so I can check this further I am going to send you a PM to confirm some of your details.

Regards

Nathan