cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Billing Confusion

allygator
On our wavelength

I'm hoping someone can help resolve a problem I'm experiencing with an o2 mobile.

Last year, I was given a free mobile phone by Virgin (the lady said it was a reward for being a loyal customer). 

This year, I was told the service had expired and the representative said I could renew the phone with o2. I told them I didn't want to continue the service and cancelled it.

However, on 18th March 2022, £10.00 was taken from my bank account and on 11th April 2022, £153.36 was taken. 

I would be grateful if someone could help me recover this money and stop o2 from taking any further money from my account. 

The phone was cancelled and has not been used since.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @allygator, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with getting the direct debit cancelled for this sim. Just to confirm is the direct debit that is coming out under Virgin or O2?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @allygator, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with getting the direct debit cancelled for this sim. Just to confirm is the direct debit that is coming out under Virgin or O2?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've asked the team to take a look as there are a few things here that don't add up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Nathan,

Regarding my previous post, reporting unauthorised payments to O2 taken from my bank account, I contacted a an extremely helpful representative from O2 and was able to resolve the issue. 

Apparently, when I cancelled the Virgin Mobile phone, the Virgin representative that I spoke to by telephone didn't cancel the contract right away, but created an O2 account for me, which I wasn't aware of.

The contract was cancelled the following week. The £10.00 charge was a standard connection charge and the £153.36 was an early cancellation charge.

The excellent O2 rep saw that this was a mistake because the contract had been cancelled within 14 days. She arranged for the money to be refunded to my bank account. This will take 7 days to reach my account.

I can't praise the lady from O2 highly enough, because she understood the issue and got it resolved in less than an hour.

I recommend that if anyone has any issues with O2, go to O2 Live Chat to get them resolved.  

Wonderful new allygator,

Glad to hear that you manage to get your issues resolved with a helpful member of the O2 team.

If you have any further issues, please come back to us through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi. 

allygator
On our wavelength

This is from my previous post:

"The excellent O2 rep saw that this was a mistake because the contract had been cancelled within 14 days. She arranged for the money to be refunded to my bank account. This will take 7 days to reach my account.

I can't praise the lady from O2 highly enough, because she understood the issue and got it resolved in less than an hour.

I recommend that if anyone has any issues with O2, go to O2 Live Chat to get them resolved."

Unfortunately, I have to withdraw all of those words. Not only did I NOT get the money refunded, but when I logged into the O2 website to access the O2 Chat facility, I found it no longer existed and so the Chat Ref ID is apparently redundant.

As I believe the responsibility for this situation lies with Virgin Mobile, I'm hoping there's a kind person here who might be able to help me recover the money that was taken from my account.

Kind regards,

Alan Gairdner

Thanks for your reply, Nathan_B.

The money, which was taken from my account, was not a direct debit, but a sum which was deemed to be a penalty for early cancellation of account.

It was taken by O2 in error because I actually cancelled the mobile phone within 7 days. I have no mobile phone account with O2, but they gave me a new mobile number, which I have never used. 

I've tried to get in touch with O2 to try to sort this out, but they seem to make it very difficult to contact someone who can help with this issue.

I'd be grateful for any assistance.

Kind regards,

Alan Gairdner

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @allygator

I am so sorry to hear that the issue still has not been resolved and you have not received the refund. I would like to take a further look into this for you and see what we can do to get the problem resolved. I will send you a private message now to obtain the details required, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can.

Kind regards,

Serena